pics of arb bumper with winch?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys so i have a fzj80 with an arb bumper and im planing to put on a whinch. But not really sure on how it mounts on anyone has pics of how the whinch sits in the bumper? It will be helpful if i see pics
Thanks in advance (cheers)

Mounts feet forward. Which model/brand are you looking to use - not all will fit.

cheers,
george.

VariousParts2.jpg
The primary issue to be aware of is the width of the winch you intend to install. The mount was originally fit to a M10000 Warn. Many of the newer planetary winches have a wide footprint, so can't fit right against the mount provided. If you attempted to tighten the mounting bolts down with doing a simple mod, you'd break your winch as the ends would contact the bumper before the feet do.

The trick is to use spacers. ARB or Warn makes a kit, but all you need is the right size bar stock and punch holes to have the bolts pass through. Typical thickness is in the 1/2" to 1" range. Much more than that and you probably want to consider other options, but it will fit most 12k winches if spaced correctly. I used a very small notch to get the last little bit my spacers didn't provide, as shown in the first pic below. The second shows the jig I made to hold the winch level sitting on top a jack to ease a one-man install. The first pic leading in shows the winch installed from the back side.
RSIResolved.jpg
LiftAdapter2.jpg

I dont have a winch yet because i wasn't sure of what to go with due to the bumper i didnt know what fit in there

Depending on the winch, you might have to clock it...

Absolutely. My XRC12 required that I clock it.

What does this mean? On a planetary winch, you generally want the clutch handle to face up and in a position where it can be reached and turned easily, as well as pointing the winch feet in the proper direction to mount it. To do this, you may have to loosen the clutch end and turn it 90 or 160 degrees, then reassemble and install. Instructions are generally with the winch info in the box it came in or check the mfg's website for a pdf download for more info.

I dont have a winch yet because i wasn't sure of what to go with due to the bumper i didnt know what fit in there

Most consumer grade planetary winches up to 12000 pound capacity will fit if spaced back as I described earlier. The one somewhat common winch that will be tricky is the old upright-style Warn 8274. I know people have done that one, but don't recall what all was involved.

If buying new, consult with the vendor, as they should be able to give you guidance on fitting and installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom