Starting issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok. This is the first issue I've had with my recently purchased 2000 LX470.

I've had the truck for 3 months. We had the first cold night here in Colorado since I've had it. The next morning I turned the key and everything lit up bus the starter didn't engage.
I tried again and it started.
This has happened a few times since. Once it's started to crank and then stopped. When this happens it doesn't click or sound like anything is happening at all. I'm guessing a loose connection to the starter or a relay? The battery is fine.
Advice please.

Thanks

My issue seems probably closer to yours than any other that I've searched for, have you fixed your issue yet and what did you do to solve the problem? I know that the farmers almanac and the national weather service is calling for a lot of bad weather this winter and I definitely want this issue solved before the weather hits.

I went back and forth on if I would replace the starter or put new contacts in the original. I decided to pay someone replace the starter because I don't have another vehicle and at the moment I don't have time to spend 6 hours working on my truck and have the potential of it not working out right away.
Are you planning on doing the work yourself?

Mine was the starter contacts but I put another one on, slowly going to build most of the parts back to new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom