Rust underneath? Feedback on possible purchase needed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.goldendolphinfilms.com
Hi, apologies for double-posting... I can't change the title of the one I already did asking for help in Colorado with an LX450 I may be buying.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/montrose-co-mudders-avail-to-help-me-with-an-inspection.817035/

See photos in above link - and tell me what you think, is this vehicle too rusty underneath for consideration? Doesn't help much it also has mud on the undercarriage in these photos... Feedback appreciated, sending deposit today to hold it...
IMG_0621.jpg
IMG_0622.jpg
IMG_0623.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg
IMG_0628.jpg

Thanks mudders!
:beer:

I wished mine looked like that. For those of us unfortunate to live in the rust belt as Douglas S pointed out that is nothing (at least from what you posted). The exhaust is probably close to being finished and the steering stabilizer should likely be replaced as well. I'm sure for a true southern vehicle it probably has more than a normal amount of rust, but equally imporant is how well the previous owner(s) looked after it. If the vehicle overall looks like it has been neglected, I personally would move on.

All of that looks like dirt to me. When I said "nothing" I literally meant nothing.

The only rust I can see is extremely minor surface rust on the lower control arm bracket as a result of stone chips.

Agreed, just looks dirty to me. This was my endeavor https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cruiser-rust.339231/

LOL. Reminds me of what I did to my axles several years back. I think I had 20 hrs into it and ended up using Tremclad (brushed on) vs the Rust Eliminator from Eastwood due to it being too cold out to use the spray bomb. It looked nice until the winter and in the spring I think it was worse than when I started. How have yours faired after 5 yrs?

image.jpg
image.jpg
Still looks good, that corrosion x stuff is the bomb. Must be applied every few months though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom