Vibration from brake pedal on brand new Land Cruiser 200 - HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, this is my first post so please go easy if I miss any details.

I have just bought a 2014 Land Cruiser 200 4.5 V8 Diesel Automatic which has only done 300 Miles now.

I am experiencing an intermittent vibration from the brake pedal. This is not always when applying the brakes. I can feel the vibration by placing my foot on the pedal without pushing down on it while driving.

I have also noted this while at standstill and it gives a pins and needles feeling in the foot.

On a test drive with the toyota mechanic he said the vibration was stronger between 1300-1800 rpm.
I have sent it in to my local toyota dealer who claim to have checked it throughly and have also spoken with toyota technical who confirm this problem has been reported on another new vehicle, however they say they could not find a fault and have put it down to the 'characteristics of the car'.

Toyota have checked the brakes and engine mounts and said they are fine.

Any ideas as to what can be causing vibration through the pedal on such a new car?

Many thanks

IMG_5340.JPG

Hi, this is my first post so please go easy if I miss any details.

I have just bought a 2014 Land Cruiser 200 4.5 V8 Diesel Automatic which has only done 300 Miles now.

I am experiencing an intermittent vibration from the brake pedal. This is not always when applying the brakes. I can feel the vibration by placing my foot on the pedal without pushing down on it while driving.

I have also noted this while at standstill and it gives a pins and needles feeling in the foot.

On a test drive with the toyota mechanic he said the vibration was stronger between 1300-1800 rpm.
I have sent it in to my local toyota dealer who claim to have checked it throughly and have also spoken with toyota technical who confirm this problem has been reported on another new vehicle, however they say they could not find a fault and have put it down to the 'characteristics of the car'.

Toyota have checked the brakes and engine mounts and said they are fine.

Any ideas as to what can be causing vibration through the pedal on such a new car?

Many thanks

View attachment 936793
Log into LCOOL.org and search for pedal vibration in the 200 forum. They encounter most diesel issues and typically do it in a thoughtful, rational fashion. I, of course, don't know that this is the same issue but the key words seem to fit.

This is a new car $70,000+ - why are you troubleshooting this? Car have bumper-to-bumper warranty, plus uncomfort with a brake pedal Toyota should know not be take lightly and you should not take it into your hand to troubleshoot this, It is Toyota's responsibility to find the cause root and fix it or replace as needed even the entire brake assembly . I would not mess with it I paid $70,000 not for a defected components. Just FYI my LC200 petrol do not have brake vibration.

Hello, I have faces the same issue while driving and pressing on the break it starts to vibrate and the steering vibrates and if Im going on higher speeds the vibration increase, i have changed my discs and pads and it issue was solved

I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar problem with my 4Runner. When I first got it I noticed a slight buzzing in the brake pedal so I took it back to the dealer. Their response was that it was the brake booster causing the buzzing and it was normal. Obviously I wasn't too happy with this response, but there wasn't really much they could do. After a while it just stopped buzzing...granted this was after I had a brake job, but it seemed to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom