Arizona Cardinals Talk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
For those who look forward to football season each year, we can chat here on the latest schemes of the cue balls . :D
Go Cards!!

Last edited:
Friday is the day all teams need to cut down from 75 to 53 on the active roster and 10 more on the newly expanded practice squads. New PS rules allow more than just rookies like in the past. These can be players with experience.

I feel real good about the scouting abilities of the front office and how they find the gems to pick up. i know the Rams are heavy on Linebackers and may have to cut someone that could give us depth.

more importantly - like last year - We can sign keeper players off other teams practice squads as long as they are put on the active roster.

I feel real good about the scouting abilities of the front office and how they find the gems to pick up..

I do as well and how they do it, Jay feely was a shocker, but it made sense and at least they were considerate enough not to do it this weekend.... He should have no problem being signed before season start.

The kid and I have our fingers crossed for Zach Bauman (NAU)..:)

I am looking forward to seeing Logan Thomas get some time tonight.

The kid and I have our fingers crossed for Zach Bauman (NAU)..:)

I am looking forward to seeing Logan Thomas get some time tonight.

Me too. Being that Ellington is not the biggest guy and they are going to ride him much more this year, I think we need to keep another scatback type guy to fill in if he gets beat up. Bauman will at worst make the practice squad Imo

Logan T has all the tools, just refinment and real life action. At this pace he may be our starter in 2 years ?

Logan T has all the tools, just refinment and real life action. At this pace he may be our starter in 2 years ?

Next year would be fun..;) Even if it is just a few games.

Not to take anything away from C. Palmer, I hope he has his best season this year.

Last edited:
Is it just me, but doesn't anyone else hope they don't sign James Harrison? I'm surprised there isn't more negative fan feedback. Did everyone forget what this guy did to us in the Super Bowl? That single play sealed our fate that day. I just can't cheer for the guy. Good football player in the day, but I just can't do it.

I feel ya Norm!

Before they sign Harrison, they might see who is cut tonight around the league.

By the way have you seen the new video boards yet>?

"Fans will notice two new video boards at each end of the stadium that are three times larger than the ones they replace, with the largest in the south end zone that measures 54 feet high by 164 feet wide. It spans the width of the field.
In the north end zone, the board is 27 feet by 97 feet. The resolution for both will be 75 percent better than the old boards.
The other improvement, increased capacity for in-stadium Wi-Fi service, may go unnoticed except for those using their smartphones to go online."

:eek: < was the look on my face when i first saw that absolutely HUGE screen in the south end zone and the clarity is amazing. I found myself along with many others just watching the screen instead of the game. From below at certain angles I can see how they got the picure so crisp. It is made up of seamless 4'x4' screens that make up the whole thing.

I cant imagine many other screens exist that are bigger and that clear.

Is it just me, but doesn't anyone else hope they don't sign James Harrison? I'm surprised there isn't more negative fan feedback. Did everyone forget what this guy did to us in the Super Bowl? That single play sealed our fate that day. I just can't cheer for the guy. Good football player in the day, but I just can't do it.

Mixed opinions here. He would bring some nastiness and leadership. But they're already going to cut some good, young LBs. I'd hate to see a has been take the spot of a guy that has more upside.

The play in the SB was the Cards fault. Bad pass to begin with and all they had to do was push him out of bounds.

By the way have you seen the new video boards yet>?

"Fans will notice two new video boards at each end of the stadium that are three times larger than the ones they replace, with the largest in the south end zone that measures 54 feet high by 164 feet wide. It spans the width of the field.
In the north end zone, the board is 27 feet by 97 feet. The resolution for both will be 75 percent better than the old boards.
The other improvement, increased capacity for in-stadium Wi-Fi service, may go unnoticed except for those using their smartphones to go online."

:eek: < was the look on my face when i first saw that absolutely HUGE screen in the south end zone and the clarity is amazing. I found myself along with many others just watching the screen instead of the game. From below at certain angles I can see how they got the picure so crisp. It is made up of seamless 4'x4' screens that make up the whole thing.

I cant imagine many other screens exist that are bigger and that clear.

When did they put those up? I think it was the second training camp session we went to and if they were there, I didn't notice.:doh:

Mixed opinions here. He would bring some nastiness and leadership. But they're already going to cut some good, young LBs. I'd hate to see a has been take the spot of a guy that has more upside.

Like Glen Carson.. I am a LB fan (and will miss Dansby, (on this roster), but #56 looks impressive.

Like Glen Carson.. I am a LB fan (and will miss Dansby, (on this roster), but #56 looks impressive.

Carson is headed for the practice squad. Benard was mighty impressive last night and he's likely to be cut.

When did they put those up? I think it was the second training camp session we went to and if they were there, I didn't notice.:doh:

Your boy made the team, for now.

Last edited:
Reports are coming in Cardinals aren't signing Harrison.

Smart move on his part to retire..

I thought Zach might have a chance.:(

Smart move on his part to retire..

I thought Zach might have a chance.:(

RBs were deep, I would have kept Parmalee over Zach and they both got cut. I believe they're signing Zach to the PS.

dang injury bug!

Injury update
  • :ead running back A. Ellington hurt his foot - probably wont play. Im curious how running backs Dwyer and Taylor will do. Theyre more of a between the tackles runners so we will lack some outside explosiveness that Ellington brings and other teams have to game-plan for..
  • Zastudil our punter has a hurt groin so the team released veteran pick up Desmond Bishop today presumably to make space for either a running back or more likely a punter who will fill in until Zasty gets better. If it isn't too bad, I will think he will still hold for field goal duties since he is dialed in with that unit and shouldn't aggravate his groin.
  • Linebacker Oakafor didn't practice so he is out too.
  • Mathieu is a game time decision but wouldn't mind him sitting this one out and playing it safe in his full recovery from last years injury.
We have a deep team and the "next man up" philosophy will help us win at home this Monday night!

RBs were deep, I would have kept Parmalee over Zach and they both got cut. I believe they're signing Zach to the PS.

Was Zach Bauman picked up after the Cards cut him? same small, quick style that Ellington has.

Was Zach Bauman picked up after the Cards cut him? same small, quick style that Ellington has.

Doesn't look like he was signed by anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom