Very random death wobble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40mph usually. Has not done it yet on the highway thankfully. Feels like its just coming through the steering wheel.
Im going to go through it this weekend. Ive had a major tire chain around here repeatedly check the balancing.
Another local shop,whom I know the owners of, had it up on a lift checking the front end and no apparent issues.
Seems to happen on one stretch of road here and there. Then one day at around 35 crossed over a major intersection
with a significant hump in the road and it reacted there too. I about the through the credit card down and just get new
tires, wheels and f-ing shocks...

40mph usually. Has not done it yet on the highway thankfully. Feels like its just coming through the steering wheel.
Im going to go through it this weekend. Ive had a major tire chain around here repeatedly check the balancing.
Another local shop,whom I know the owners of, had it up on a lift checking the front end and no apparent issues.
Seems to happen on one stretch of road here and there. Then one day at around 35 crossed over a major intersection
with a significant hump in the road and it reacted there too. I about the through the credit card down and just get new
tires, wheels and f-ing shocks...
Ok well it sounds like shocks to me. If it was tires it would do it all the time at 40mph. Since its intermittent it makes the shocks seem suspicious. Although something could not be torqued properly as well. Its always a good idea to take a couple sockets and a ratchet and make sure everything is tight from time to time. Sometimes loose components can't be seen with the eye, you physically have to check with a wrench or ratchet. With U-bolts you will need a big ratchet or breaker bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom