Rust in the engine bay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys, I just bought this land cruiser and noticed there's a rust hole in the engine bay. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Can you give us an idea of where it is? It looks like an inner fender to me. You can replace them, if that's where the rust is.

I believe so, it is located underneath the stock intake box. How would I replace it? There's a part?

Yep, inner fenders unbolt and can be replaced. You would probably have to remove the fender, grille, turn signal, and headlight too. Then washer fluid res, cruise control unit, and whatever else is bolted to the inner fender.

you can probably get a good used one from arcteryx=CruiserYard here on MUD

Can you give us an idea of where it is? It looks like an inner fender to me. You can replace them, if that's where the rust is.

Yep, inner fenders unbolt and can be replaced. You would probably have to remove the fender, grille, turn signal, and headlight too. Then washer fluid res, cruise control unit, and whatever else is bolted to the inner fender.

you can probably get a good used one from arcteryx=CruiserYard here on MUD

Thanks for the help. Do you guys know how much the inner fender cost?

I would take a really hard look at the rest of the rig for more rust? John

I took a wire brush and brushed the surface rust on the undercarriage, I added the krylon semi-flat enamel. I noticed though a lot of rust in the rear axle..

did you buff that area to make it look shiny? at first it looked like a exhaust heat shield. yea I have inner fenders, they are $50 + shipping

did you buff that area to make it look shiny? at first it looked like a exhaust heat shield. yea I have inner fenders, they are $50 + shipping

Definitely look closely at the rest of the rig. I just recently found a couple rust holes in bad places that were hidden, one PS behind the bumper (rocker panel), and a more scary one PS rear wheel well hiding under the undercoating stuff. My rig is otherwise mostly rust free so you never know where it will pop up.

If you can replace it with a good rust free one for $50, there is no way I would bother trying to repair it. You will save a lot of time going this route.

Hello, I'm definitely interested. I looked at your website and they were 80$ each could you send me a link that have the 50$ price so I can buy it?

Please post some pictures of what is involved when you replace your inner fender. For $50 I will likely replace mine at some point this winter. Mine has quite a bit of rust in that same spot.

BUMP! About to buy an inner fender from a fellow MUD member. Mine has a rust spot directly under where the PAIR system connects to the air box. Besides removing the outer fender, grille, turn signal, headlight and junk bolted to the inner fender, what else do we need to remove to get it unbolted. Anyone have any pictures/tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom