Rear Fog wiring...anyone? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, Does anyone have diagram of the rear fog lamp for the 200? mine dosent have the rear fog from factory. but i bought the genuine rear fog and the harness. there is readily connector to plug and there is fuse also in the fuse box. since mine dosent have the switch and i wanted to use the front fog lamp switch to turn on the rear fog. I open the steering column but there's just alot of wire and i do not know which is the front fog lamp and rear fog lamp.

anyone have an idea to locate the wire? i assumed that all i need is the switch in able to make the rear fog work.

thanks......:)

you sure you gonna DIY? better bring in to your dealer. btw.. won't it void your warranty? me too am interested. however, i can't find the parts. good luck with your installation. cheers!

In general, to make this work. First check for continuity of the 2 light bulb terminals. One of them should have continuity to the fuse and other should have continuity to ground. Next, try to hot wire the light by connecting positive from the battery to the fuse. Does the light turn on?

If it does, you can either run a positive wire from the battery to a relay and use the fog light as a trigger (fog light relay should be under the dash). Or just tap your rear fog positive to the positive of the front fog lights. You will then use the same relay as the front fog lights. However, you might blow the fuse if the rear fog light uses too much wattage. Good Luck!

There is no such thing as "voiding your warranty". It's like saying you have "full coverage" insurance...there is no such thing.

Read the entire Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Front to back. Then read it again...and again...

anyone have an idea to locate the wire? i assumed that all i need is the switch in able to make the rear fog work.

I am also trying to fit rear fog lamps on my Australian spec LandCruiser 200 Series. All I have in the rear are red blanks with a reflector. I am trying to buy the rear fog lamp assemblies and wiring loom - can you help me with these?

What you need to do to put a switch into your LC200 is to replace the indicator stalk with the indicator stalk from a Lexus LX570. The Lexus part number for a left hand drive vehicle (indicator is on the left stalk) is 84140-30310. Lexus calls it a headlight dimmer switch. You will need to remove your old indicator stalk and replace it with this one. This requires the steering wheel to be removed to achieve this.

Here is how it looks like, according to the workshop manual:

headlightandwiperswitches.jpg

You don't need to replace your wiper control stalk - that just gets re-used.

Of course, if you are going to replace your indicator stalk, you'll need to remove your steering wheel, so this needs to be done very carefully. I'd advise you to disconnect your batteries to make sure that the car is electrically turned off. This would help prevent accidental discharge of the airbags.

I have fitted an LX570 indicator stalk to my RHD vehicle, and the stalk has both the front and rear fog lamps on it. The part number that I've given you is for a LHD vehicle, which I presume is what you have in the Phillipines.

This is how my stalk looks like - but the LHD stalk will be like a mirror image:

DSC03566.jpg

Last edited:
I am also trying to fit rear fog lamps on my Australian spec LandCruiser 200 Series. All I have in the rear are red blanks with a reflector. I am trying to buy the rear fog lamp assemblies and wiring loom - can you help me with these?

What you need to do to put a switch into your LC200 is to replace the indicator stalk with the indicator stalk from a Lexus LX570. The Lexus part number for a left hand drive vehicle (indicator is on the left stalk) is 84140-30310. Lexus calls it a headlight dimmer switch. You will need to remove your old indicator stalk and replace it with this one. This requires the steering wheel to be removed to achieve this.

Here is how it looks like, according to the workshop manual:

headlightandwiperswitches.jpg

You don't need to replace your wiper control stalk - that just gets re-used.

Of course, if you are going to replace your indicator stalk, you'll need to remove your steering wheel, so this needs to be done very carefully. I'd advise you to disconnect your batteries to make sure that the car is electrically turned off. This would help prevent accidental discharge of the airbags.

I have fitted an LX570 indicator stalk to my RHD vehicle, and the stalk has both the front and rear fog lamps on it. The part number that I've given you is for a LHD vehicle, which I presume is what you have in the Phillipines.

This is how my stalk looks like - but the LHD stalk will be like a mirror image:

DSC03566.jpg

Hello, Were you able to install the indicator stalk already? I called up toyota and ordered combination switch. will let you know once i get. hopefully it will work. yes LHD here in Philippines....

Here you go:

Wire harness 82165-60230
rear fog LH 81456-60030
rear fog RH 81457-60020
bulb x2pcs 90981-13043
bulb socket 90075-99080
indicator switch 84140-30311 for LHD vehicle only.

by buying all these you can have an OE rear fog! enjoy spending.....:grinpimp:

estimate cost around $350 to $370....

Sir,

May I ask if after installing all these, would the rear fog indicator light on the dash will light up too?

And where can purchase these parts in manila?

TIA

Here you go:

Wire harness 82165-60230
rear fog LH 81456-60030
rear fog RH 81457-60020
bulb x2pcs 90981-13043
bulb socket 90075-99080

I want to do this too but am and electrical idiot. I'd buy all the stuff and bring it to Toyota, I'd love to see them on (pic)

Here you go:

Wire harness 82165-60230
rear fog LH 81456-60030
rear fog RH 81457-60020
bulb x2pcs 90981-13043
bulb socket 90075-99080

Hi there,
I am in the process of homogulating LC in order to matricluate it in Switzerland. the only physical change they have required from me in order to proceed, is the installation of rear fog/s.

thank you for the above information, i have a few questions:

are these Toyota or Lexus part numbers?

does the rear fog operate on the right or left-side of the vehicle?

thank you in advance for your assistance

For anyone considering this, the USA spec lights can be utilized. The lights appear to be the same or similar units, the reflectors are chromed, but the rear hole needs to be opened up to accept the bulb socket. The bulb and socket are available from Toyota USA. I'll add more to this as the hookup progresses.

For anyone considering this, the USA spec lights can be utilized. The lights appear to be the same or similar units, the reflectors are chromed, but the rear hole needs to be opened up to accept the bulb socket. The bulb and socket are available from Toyota USA. I'll add more to this as the hookup progresses.
Interested. Please include pics.
Thanks Brian.

I hope you can get to the 8274 Project and the Rear Tire Carrier Project

Bump from the dead. I'm trying to get the rear fog working on my 2011 GEN spec 200. Attached is the rear fog electrical wiring diagram from a Euro spec 2008-2012 LC200.

It looks like my body ECU does not support the rear fog. With the headlights and front fog light switched on, Grounding pin 9 of connector E2 on the main body ECU does not turn on the rear fog light indicator on the cluster. My main body ECU also lacks the wire on pin 14 of connector E3 which feeds the ground signal to the rear fog relay.

I have yet to check if I have the rear fog relay in my car. The 7.5A fuse is present in the left hand side footwell fuse box.

I think the rear fog indicator led in the cluster can be triggered by soldering a wire directly to the LED. This has been done by some Scion FR-S guys

DIY: Rear fog light on USDM cars with Front+reart stalk - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

The wiring schematic looks to be the same in the FR-S - main body ECU triggers the indicator via CAN which goes to the cluster and grounds the LED.

IMG_9680.JPG

Attachments

• RFL.pdf
    125.2 KB · Views: 356
Another update. I crawled underneath both my 2011 with no rear fogs and my dad's 2017 200 which has rear fog lights. Mine is definitey not pre-wired. The 6 pin connector that the rear fog light harness plugs into is present but is missing the two wires (+12v and ground). Oddly enough the 6 pin connector has 3 wires on it for the rear sonar which my car doesn't have. In my dad's 2017 the rear fog light and rear sonar wiring appear to be combined together in one harness. The part number mentioned in this thread (
82165-60230) looks to be just for the rear fog lights and is missing the wiring for the rear sonar.

I just wired my led rear fog lights to taillights. It come on with rear lights.

Rear fog lights should only be used in bad weather. If you have them wired to the tail lights then they're on whenever your lights are on - bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom