Supercharger power increase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been on the fence with possibly buying a SC for the 80. Read a ton of info. For those who have them was it money well spent and is there a huge difference in power gains. My main reason is towing I live in Reno NV and anywhere we go seems to be uphill, there are mountains everywhere. Just want to be able to pull the trailer at the speed limit most of the time.

The SC is awesome! It installs in a weekend and is only $3200. Sure, a SAS hundy might be a better option but it is not an 80 and SAS is $$$$. Engine swaps or turbo is custom install and much more expensive than SC. The SC is great bang for the buck and if you don't like it you will have no problem selling used.

Doesn't matter you're stuck in California no carb cert on turbo setups.... I sure love mine though ;) when I am not running into things. :-/

The Safari turbo is CARB approved EO D-490 for '95-'97. If you could assemble a system using the original components (Garrett T04E, etc.), it would be legal but don't know if all the bits and pieces can be sourced? Max boost is 4 psi.

I asked a long time cruiser owner about the difference of the SC. I thought it was great. "The SC turns this slow beast into a not so slow beast".

He said it has been the best addition to the truck he has done.

The SC is only $3200.

Not any more......supply and demand dictates, the beauty of capitalism.

If LINUS, or other with NIB SCs. are still weighing options...

The remaining 269 TRD SCs in Toyota's inventory are on sale for 1/2 price.

Yes, 1/2 price....and free shipping, to boot!

Once again, in the spirit Cruiser karma, I'd be willing to negotiate a deal similar, and I'll even pay shipping.

PM me for payment on demand.

Disclaimer: this deal is not available through @cruiserdan or @beno , but only through the local dealer and must be in person.

:lol:

Not any more......supply and demand dictates, the beauty of capitalism.

If LINUS, or other with NIB SCs. are still weighing options...

The remaining 269 TRD SCs in Toyota's inventory are on sale for 1/2 price.

Yes, 1/2 price....and free shipping, to boot!

Once again, in the spirit Cruiser karma, I'd be willing to negotiate a deal similar, and I'll even pay shipping.

PM me for payment on demand.

Disclaimer: this deal is not available through @cruiserdan or @beno , but only through the local dealer and must be in person.

I ordered 5 so when Phoenix does not have anymore 100+ summers I will be ready

I asked a long time cruiser owner about the difference of the SC. I thought it was great. "The SC turns this slow beast into a not so slow beast".

He said it has been the best addition to the truck he has done.

Yep, add a 3.0 or 2.8 pulley and it is a normal speed beast.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD Forum

Been on the fence with possibly buying a SC for the 80. Read a ton of info. For those who have them was it money well spent and is there a huge difference in power gains. My main reason is towing I live in Reno NV and anywhere we go seems to be uphill, there are mountains everywhere. Just want to be able to pull the trailer at the speed limit most of the time.

How heavy is the trailer?

It doesn't really matter since the kits (and all the supporting replacement parts for that matter) are now discontinued.

I know of one un-opened NOS kit that the current owner might consider parting with for a sum nobody here would even consider paying.

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go? It is now time to move on toward V8 conversions.

Trailer is not that heavy 3000 lbs loaded. Looks like I may have missed the boat on this one with the supercharger. Yes a v8conversion may be an option. I like the 80 too much to replace it. Test drove a 100 yesterday I will admit its nice but it's not an 80.

I am very happy with my sc 80 as it sits right now. That being said, if my truck were stolen or wrecked I would build a kick ass 100 series with a v8 and a solid axle front conversion. That may be in my future for sure. I think this would be a wicked and very comfortable all around wheeling family / camping truck. I will most likely wait till the prices on them come down a bit though. Not sure how rebuildable the 100 series are compared to the 80 series though? I really like the 80 series and how everything is overbuilt and can be easily rebuilt to last a lifetime. I wonder if this is the same philisophy they built the 100 series with? discuss......

I know of one un-opened NOS kit that the current owner might consider parting with for a sum nobody here would even consider paying.

Well, hell.

The pendulum doth swingeth both ways.

If your inbox fills with inquiries about this NOS kit for untold sums of money, lemme know....

image.jpg

I was just being greedy, negotiating for moar, but I ain't stoopid, especially when fists full of money are thrown in face...

It is now time to move on toward V8 conversions.

You really don't like Toyota do ya, or is it your real last name is Cole?

Well, hell.

The pendulum doth swingeth both ways.

If your inbox fills with inquiries about this NOS kit for untold sums of money, lemme know....

View attachment 934271

I was just being greedy, negotiating for moar, but I ain't stoopid, especially when fists full of money are thrown in face...

You really don't like Toyota do ya, or is it your real last name is Cole?

That one's been opened...:flipoff2:

I love Toyota. My preferred V8 swap would be a 3U 5.7 liter, 381 horse bad boy. The electronics required to master that would likely be a deal-breaker I fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom