Trollhole's Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Well after 8 years of working out of my two car garage and 3 years of doing carbs and distributors and work for friends I'm moving full time into a shop and making Trollhole's Cruisers my full time job. This means I'm starting from scratch on a new shop. I've been looking a while for a place that would be big enough, secure enough and wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. I finally found a place this past week and signed a lease.

This new place was a former storage building. So it has a security gate at the front and cameras I can access with my phone. I'm taking the end unit in the back. Actually I'm taking two units. One is a 20x40 unit with a walkin door on each end and a roll up door. A should be able to get at least 2-3 vehicles in this area. This area has a/c but no heat. So that will be something I need to work on. The area right beside the unit is 20x20 and has two roll up doors. I'm thinking this will be where I store all my parts have my office / man cave and do my engine rebuilds. Kind of the clean area as well have enough space for another vehicle. It doesn't have a/c or heat.

One good thing about it is that the utilities are free and it has free wi-fi so that's a nice plus. I have a portable a/c unit and a portacool. So I think I'll be able to stay cool in the summer. I've just got to figure out what I'm going to do for heat in the winter.

I've got some cool shelving I plan on using in the storage area. Three of these . They are 6x6x6 and have castors that can hold 1000lbs each.

image-1864871379.jpg

I've also got these portable racks. They are around 3'x8' . The plan is to use them as my work bench. One bolted to the floor then one at bench and then one above that to have lighting under and provide more shelving. I'm planning on making 4-6 of these benches.

image-3902781822.jpg

I've also got a bunch of these I plan to make into engine cradles. I've already converted a couple already.

image-3034395152.jpg

I'm going to have to wire the shop. It's got power but only in one area. So I'll just put stuff in conduit. Also have to wire for the compressor and some welding outlets. The only downside to the shop is the fact it's not tall enough for a lift. Might be able to put a small one it bet that's about it.

Ive got a friend coming on the 6th to move me. So I've got to have it ready by then. I'm excited about the place. More pics to come as I get cranking. Here is the shop. Like I said it isn't much but for $550 a month in a business district and only 2 miles from the house it's a perfect starter shop. Cannot wait to get a sign up.

image-1864871379.jpg

image-3902781822.jpg

image-3034395152.jpg

image-267404064.jpg

congratulations Marshal!!!

best of luck -and fun- with the new venture!

Congrats man. If ya got any questions give me a shout or need some help with something.

Best of luck ! Nice place with lots of potential

How tall are those roll up doors?

Hey , I'm off that week if you want I can come help on Thursday don't have any thing else on the calandar. I won't be a lot of good on heavy stuff but I can get and gopher. It will give you a chance to check that wiring on the o2 sensor, but it looks right to me.

A little over 8 ft. 10ft ceilings inside.

My lift in the shop has the roll over the top doors at 12 feet and I just barley clear the door with a FJ-60 on there so yeah I don't think you have room for much of a lift, but you can always add a bay on one end, when you are rolling in dough. Just get it started and get it rolling your already have the reputation in the mud arena and several loyal, vocal customers. So get it on!!!

other project

any ideas yet on the stopping issue?:)

Overworked

No hurry just checking I know how much you have on your plate, how was the trip, bet it was windy.:)

A Good beginning for sure!

Nothing satisfies like a comment posted on a 2 year old thread like it was current... Welcome to mud Jerry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom