1999 LC 125k front drivers side cv leaking- Bad axle Seal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to the Wonderful world Of LC.

Took my buggy wheelin this weekend and spent sometime in the MUD/ water
IMG_20140818_172848.jpg
IMG_20140818_172848.jpg IMG_20140818_172848.jpg IMG_20140818_172848.jpg .

On Monday while backing into my drive way i heard a small pop sound.

Nothing Violent or loud but when i put it back in D i heard another pop about the same intensity.

The sound was just loud enough to make me look under neath.

I found a very small amount of what seams like gear oil maybe trans fluid but not pink.

THis pic is from underneath (i love technology!)

Any ways- from the location of the oil and the condition of the boots i dont think the cv is bad

but something is definately slowly leaking that wasnt before.

I am thinking differential side output seal but i am looking for advice from someone who has seen this before.

as well as maybe some - "As long as you're in there fixing that- you might as well fix this"

I need to pull the camper in a couple of weeks so ordering the correct parts and or tools is not a problem yet.

Thanks in advance!

20140817_104114.jpg

20140817_104114.jpg

20140817_135135.jpg

Or could it just be the breather? Can any one tell me where this might be located on the front?

There's a seal where the CV meets the front diff. If it gets boogered up or installed wrong, it will leak gear oil. Ask me how I know, mine looked exactly like that a day after I had new CV's installed....

There's a seal where the CV meets the front diff. If it gets boogered up or installed wrong, it will leak gear oil. Ask me how I know, mine looked exactly like that a day after I had new CV's installed....

Thats exactly what i was looking for- Thanks!

Any chancce you have the part # handy?

Sorry I don't have the PN. Mine was done by a shop on warranty right after I bought it. I'm sure someone else will chime in, or you could PM Beno and he could get the part for you.

Which side is it on? Driver and passenger side are different part #s.

...via IH8MUD app

90311-47013. About $13.

Glad to help. I've had my share of issues with that seal too so I knew I had an email invoice handy.

Any special pointers for the install.
I've done CV's but never on LC.
is there anything i should avoid so i'm not doing this again in 2 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom