Turf-N-Surf 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am going to do my very best to make this happy this year. I think my cruiser is finally up for a long drive and I've always wanted to go to Pismo. Plus.. my wife absolutely loves the beach we've been considering a Pismo or Lost Coast trip for the end of this year. I think I'll start planning to be there. :)

I'm good before or after Halloween i just need a date to make plans and get my vacation request early. I understand what others are thinking in regards to the particular weekend being Halloween IMO i don't think it would hurt anyone if dates are moved before or after people will show up no matter what dates it ends up to be. I am inviting a few friends that are just getting their first Toyota and have fun in the dunes they are excited knowing there will be a ton of other Toyota's in a sandbox.:cheers:

Should we take a poll on what dates people would like it change to if it's going to be moved? Just a suggestion,so flame on MUD.

Hey Jim I plan on Camping @ the North Camp Campgrounds the weekend of clam festival which is also the weekend of Huckfest. Looks like camping on the dunes is $100 a night and $30 for day use.

?? $100? is it a special event with gold-plated toilets and an attendant for the flush?

Yep, I could attend too if it were the following weekend.

are we talking about the actual SRVA dunes? You can't go in on your own and pay the usual $12 or so for camping that weekend? I would think that would only be the case if they managed to reserve and buy the maximum camping capacity all at once. Seems improbable, and dubious for a public park.
And really, if the "entrance fee" to the events is like $35, they would be charging $65 for a $12 official camping price? I'd be a tad annoyed.
But, eh, to each his own.

I'd like to see this year's trip stay the first weekend since I've already told several people who wanted to come down with me that those were the dates, but I'm game for changing it to the following weekend next year.

are we talking about the actual SRVA dunes? You can't go in on your own and pay the usual $12 or so for camping that weekend? I would think that would only be the case if they managed to reserve and buy the maximum camping capacity all at once. Seems improbable, and dubious for a public park.
And really, if the "entrance fee" to the events is like $35, they would be charging $65 for a $12 official camping price? I'd be a tad annoyed.
But, eh, to each his own.

Huckfest is insanely busy....
521c44d7c4907.preview-620.jpg

Yup. It's a special event. They apply for it and get it approved somehow. If you search "huckfest event permit" you can find the pdf of the state response for some of the years. Seems dubious, but they've been pulling it off for a few years. I wouldn't even want to be in the county during that time, let alone on the beach.

it boggles the mind that they could essentially prevent the public from accessing a public park it owns unless it agrees to pay an inflated private fee...

Government work for you!

Our taxes are working for us.... LoL...

it boggles the mind that they could essentially prevent the public from accessing a public park it owns unless it agrees to pay an inflated private fee...

Government work for you!

? Gonna flame the "government" for allowing this event to occur? The alternative would be to shut it down, and be slammed for that too.

Let's keep Huckfest out of this thread please. I don't want people thinking it costs $100 to camp out here for TnS weekend!

Let's keep Huckfest out of this thread please. I don't want people thinking it costs $100 to camp out here for TnS weekend!

you're right, over and out with that.

OK upon careful consideration and talking with my :princess: - we've decided to move TnS to the first full weekend in November 7-9th. Originally i had planned to do a Halloween themed TnS but after seeing that the attendance would suffer - opted to move it forward as PismoJim had done in the past.
After getting the new dates off work i wanted to let everyone know.

Also after talking with Alvaro, he said he'd be on board to bring Sand Chef back! So if you're inclined to cook and want to take home the title of best chef in the dunes we'll see you friday night!

Really hope to see ALL of you cruiserheads there with the little ones in tow. I'll bring them leftover candy to give them when they come into main camp.

(MODERATORS IF YOU'D LIKE ME TO START A NEW THREAD WITH THE CORRECTED DATES I'D BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO! (As well as this thread got jacked with Huckfest info)Delete this one and PM me to repost a new one)

That is great news Seth,i was just going to submit my vacation request on Monday.i guess i better get that clutch replaced now in the 60 so i can play in the sand.:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom