Turf-N-Surf 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We had quite a few last year. 8?

There were at least 20 rigs that went to Pozo altogether. We didn't get ready in time to be part of the main group, but after the 3 of us got there, probably 10 more filtered in.

Let's just do Halloween on the beach. My 3 year old loves Halloween and loves Pismo so he is pretty excited about mixing the two together.

Frank

No can do. Hard to explain and may sound dumb, but Halloween is pretty special in our neighborhood. Lot's of my son's friends and families get involved. If it were pushed back one weekend I would be there for sure. Not that it should be changed for one dude, but I bet there would be a few others who would make it down if there were no conflict...just sayin...

Well lookee there:

DLV5483_L.jpg

Just wondering if the dates are final,i need to request for vacation and reserve an RV for the family.

Yeah the dates are pretty lame being so close to Halloween. That should have been thought about.

Any plans of moving it after the Halloween weekend? There is still time to make any changes,how about shirts and hoodie?

I'd like to see it moved up a couple weeks. The weather in October is typically pretty good on the central coast.

You guys wanting a date change are pissing into a pretty strong headwind. Jusy saying... It's been the first weekend in November since Jim started this...tradition and all...

You guys wanting a date change are pissing into a pretty strong headwind. Jusy saying... It's been the first weekend in November since Jim started this...tradition and all...

Mine was a suggestion to maybe accommodate some with conflicting schedules centered around a kid's holiday that is on the same date every year and very easy to work around.

I get the whole tradition thing, but has this event ever fallen on Halloween before? Sometimes "tradition" can be altered just a hair for obvious reasons to help out some dedicated attendees...no? Especially when there is an entire year to plan around that one date.

I'm sure October 26th or November 8th would not have a huge impact on tradition. After all, "tradition" was changed when it went from SnT to TnS and nobody fell into the abyss. Next year Halloween is on Saturday, does TnS get pushed off to November 7th? Technically, Sunday is the first day of the week and not the weekend...but some consider it the weekend, so what will the tradition gods do with that blurry, gray area?

All that being said, I did not start it, nor did I take up the reins when Jim let them go, so I really don't have a dog in this hunt, other than I would really like to make it back and not have it conflict with easily avoidable road blocks... just one man's opinion.

Whatever weekend it falls on, I hope everyone has a great time.

Last edited:
We can make either weekend. I wonder, how many of cannot accommodate a change of date?

Frank

Obviously a few people who would otherwise attend are not able to because of Halloween. I understand that it may be too late this year, but it would be nice if this issue could be considered a little more for upcoming events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom