Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome bro! I love it! Great work as usual!

Awesome bro! I love it! Great work as usual!

Thanks man! Let's see if I manage to get some use out of it this summer :)

rack looks great, do you have a link for the amazon kayak mounts, I could use those nicely on my bajarack, I like how it kicks the kayak up to the side and allows for use of the rest of the rack....

Thanks! Sure thing, here's the ones I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003V57NUQ/?tag=ihco-20

There's lots of these from different sellers. Different colors, packs of 2, 3, 4, etc. They're really sturdy. Seems like the main complaint is the foam padding rips off easily, but you can easily fix that by putting some rubber hose over it. And yeah - that's what I like about the J-mounts; they don't take up a lot of space.

Awesome build.

Side note - today marks the first time I've ever seen anything Cruiser related make the front page of reddit...good on ya!

Definitely want to see that rack mounted! - It's the exact measurements & even flat as I'd prefer as well for clearance into the garage. *sigh* .... I need to work more OT and get a damn welder already. Keep up the good work man! It's an inspiration.

Awesome build.

Side note - today marks the first time I've ever seen anything Cruiser related make the front page of reddit...good on ya!

Thansk! And I know right? Posted the roof rack in r/DIY and that s*** blew up! I've been trying to answer people's questions but it's just too much too fast.

Definitely want to see that rack mounted! - It's the exact measurements & even flat as I'd prefer as well for clearance into the garage. *sigh* .... I need to work more OT and get a damn welder already. Keep up the good work man! It's an inspiration.

Will do! Should be mounted today after work. I'll get some pictures of the new tires too that aren't potato quality.

NICE ONE JOSE
A question
Are those straps enough to avoid those totes from going back and forth from in case of braking ?

NICE ONE JOSE
A question
Are those straps enough to avoid those totes from going back and forth from in case of braking ?

They really didn't budge at all when I tried forcibly but I'm going to add a strap from front-to-back. One for each row of totes. That should really keep them secure.

Kick ass Jose!!! I'm gathering materials for my rack right now, picked up the tubing and 90* bends. Ordered 6 mounts from Gaventi ... think thats how you spell it. Gonna start build thread soon. Your an inspiration man.

I think this is an awesome roof rack build, but what makes better is that you ACTUALLY use it. So many (including me) are just posing with a bunch of crap on their truck...makes me want to get off my ass and do some camping (maybe later the U.S is about to put a beat down on Germany). I also like the bumper sticker, but I'm a little slow and can't quite figure out the nuances of the insult. Is it that Jeeps are as insignificant as goldfish or that a LC is like a Megalodon vs the Jeep being a goldfish?
:hmm:

No that grown ups drive Landcruisers....

I think this is an awesome roof rack build, but what makes better is that you ACTUALLY use it. So many (including me) are just posing with a bunch of crap on their truck...makes me want to get off my ass and do some camping (maybe later the U.S is about to put a beat down on Germany). I also like the bumper sticker, but I'm a little slow and can't quite figure out the nuances of the insult. Is it that Jeeps are as insignificant as goldfish or that a LC is like a Megalodon vs the Jeep being a goldfish?

I also like the bumper sticker, but I'm a little slow and can't quite figure out the nuances of the insult. Is it that Jeeps are as insignificant as goldfish or that a LC is like a Megalodon vs the Jeep being a goldfish?

It goes something like this: when we were kids, many of us had a goldfish as our "first pet". Then we grew up and got "real" pets.

So the insult is that the Jeep is a fun first toy, but then we grow up, and build up Land Cruisers.

Nice rack!

vewbkPE.jpg

By the way, everyone on imgur is complaining about the same thing.

Nice rack!

vewbkPE.jpg

By the way, everyone on imgur is complaining about the same thing.

Haha I still have time. OP always delivers. Running a little late

u9aqy3u7.jpg

Kick ass Jose!!! I'm gathering materials for my rack right now, picked up the tubing and 90* bends. Ordered 6 mounts from Gaventi ... think thats how you spell it. Gonna start build thread soon. Your an inspiration man.

Thanks for the kind words! Be sure to post that build of that rack...

Who knew 80's could make it to the front page of Imgur

http://imgur.com/gallery/2Lq7s

I know, crazy right? All I did was post it to the DIY section of Reddit.

It goes something like this: when we were kids, many of us had a goldfish as our "first pet". Then we grew up and got "real" pets.

So the insult is that the Jeep is a fun first toy, but then we grow up, and build up Land Cruisers.

That's it! ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom