Builds Out with the old and in with the new!(turboed 2h!) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mongoose2231

Supporting Vendor
Threads
And while the old wasn't bad at all. mechanically speaking, I've always longed for diesel and a 5 speed. Fast forward a tad, and here it is. Flew in to New Mexico and drove it straight home to New York. 32 hour nonstop trip, 3 dudes (myself, my brother and a friend). Made a quick trip of it. Truck never missed a beat.
DSC_0796.JPG
DSC_0797.JPG
DSC_0798.JPG
DSC_0800.JPG
DSC_0802.JPG

So if its a diesel,what diesel is it? Good luck with it.
Looks like the same bumper I have on my 75 series

please park it in a garage or barn over the winter :eek:

Yes, it has it's own spot in the garage but I don't think I will be sparing it much. I kind of want to drive it in the winter. It's my only 4x4. Actually the wife's wagon is awd, I guess I could spare it.

Where'd it come from originally, Canada? Or maybe an engine transplant? Doesn't look to be rusty.

Nice photos and truck, but drive it in the winter in NY? Yikes.

Where'd it come from originally, Canada? Or maybe an engine transplant? Doesn't look to be rusty.
Ok so the history of the truck shows it to be of German origin, as the manual and all literature is in German. It then was imported into Canada, and then into the states. Th truck is original as it rolled off the assembly line. I even have the cool Euro style/ Aussie style mirrors. Although one has fallen off and needs fixing.

Nice photos and truck, but drive it in the winter in NY? Yikes.
I know, I will do my best to keep it off the roads in winter. Constant washing and upkeep should keep it relatively clean. It does have a couple rust spots though. I will have to address those as quick as possible.

Not quite original. Has the better bumpers front and rear, and it looks like someone painted a bit of the lower body black for extra protection. How many kilometers does the odometer show?

Not quite original. Has the better bumpers front and rear, and it looks like someone painted a bit of the lower body black for extra protection. How many kilometers does the odometer show?
Yes, aside from the Kaymar bumpers and the paint stripe down low. I guess I meant original in the sense that it was put together by toyota and not an actual swap. It's got 220k kilometers.

that's sweet!!! Love the yellow fuel can. I wish I carried yellow ones instead of red. ;)

Nice. Original diesel. Notice the missing vents on the fenders...

Nice. Original diesel. Notice the missing vents on the fenders...
Ironically, I stripped the parts truck I had of all the emblems and vents to have as spares. Looks like I will not be needing the fender ones after all.

I will post some interior pics as well but that's what I've got so far. Interior too is nice and clean.

Nice HJ! Any plans?
Plan on getting it entirely rust free, full paint job, lift, lockers front and back, snorkel(already have one), roof rack with rtt, full tune up with new injectors, perhaps a turbo down the line and that's about it. It's already partly there as far as it being what I want it to be. Basically an expedition style rig for camping and long distance trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom