88 FJ62-Vortec 5.3L Re-Power & more....VIDEO ADDED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NCFJ

Supporting Vendor
Threads
This beautiful FJ62 trailered in from AL on Tues. The trans let go while the owner was pulling it up on the trailer. Timing is everything :) Motor is already on it's way (that's not THE motor, just an idea of what they look like out of the truck). Let the tear down begin!

10467130_785925821438311_1907809715983147351_o.jpg

Last edited:
x3 enjoy watching you work!

Very intrigued by the front and rear bumpers. Standard and just painted?

Thanks much guys.

The tires are 33 X 10.5 X 15

Bumpers are stock and coated with either a bed liner or plastic dip. I am guessing bed liner.

Looks to be an 03 or older engine judging by fuel rail, and square coil packs... correct?

Looks to be an 03 or older engine judging by fuel rail, and square coil packs... correct?
No its probably 04 and newer with the single inlet with no return line on the fuel rail and if it has the tall injectors with square plug it was a flexfuel motor also.

The motor in the photo is a sample photo as stated in post #1 the actual motor is an 04

Thanks much guys, you are too kind :)

LOL no worries, we're gear heads, we like pictures :)

If going AT, I would go 4L65e .....

^^^^ +1

Or beef the 4l60e up essentially making it a 4l65e. Sunshell, 3-4 clutchs, etc. A quick google will provide the specifics.

I have always considered myself a Toyota purest, and still do but I might be caving a bit. As Toyota and the aftermarket supply of 2F parts dry up, a GM engine may be the only option to keep our beloved 60's on the road. The dream set up for me would be a 5.3 with a Toyota t-case and an H55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom