1984 Fj61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need help locating parts for FJ61 that is overseas & needs power steering overhaul.It's a friends vehicle over in Africa & I will be going there in 05-06.Would like to hook him up with some parts & possibly repair it while I am there.Suggestions please !!!!!!!! Thanks

TBK1 said:
Need help locating parts for FJ61 that is overseas & needs power steering overhaul.It's a friends vehicle over in Africa & I will be going there in 05-06.Would like to hook him up with some parts & possibly repair it while I am there.Suggestions please !!!!!!!! Thanks

I know that FJ61 was sold in Japan only and produced between 82/10 ~ 84/11.
So if your friend have FJ61, it's Japanese model and imported to Africa.
It must RHD vehicle and have almost same interior/exterior with US FJ60 but FJ61 have swing-out backdoor (Ambulance door)
FJ61 have 2F motor with 4 speed tranny and have no adapter between tranny and t-case.
The detail model name is FJ61V-KC or FJ61V-KCH4 but KCH4 was only made for Japanese fire truck that your friend's FJ61 must FJ61V-KC.

Thank you,

Oh, Min Seok

Very nice,it is rhd it is 4 speed wagon, model 2f motor.
Where to access parts !!!
I am in the repair business & am having a heck of a time.

the pump should be the same as any fj6o (differnt mouint) but the box would probably have to come from overseas. Australia would be your best bet for that.

You could get the rebuild parts from Australia & just do a rebuild.

Very cool !!! I will take your advice,check down under,& hopefully find what I need.I was curious if the pump was incorporated in bracketry or was bolted in.So if the fj60 will work that helps huge.
Cheers from NY

TBK1 said:
Very cool !!! I will take your advice,check down under,& hopefully find what I need.I was curious if the pump was incorporated in bracketry or was bolted in.So if the fj60 will work that helps huge.
Cheers from NY

FJ61 has same 2F motor with US FJ60 that uses same fuel pump and bolt on type mount.
Regarding other parts, you can use many parts from US FJ60 but some parts are not.
So, post list of parts what you want then I can check which parts are same with US FJ60 or not.
Thank you,

Oh, Min Seok

I am thinking the main pieces I would like to try to get would be a new/reman pump & reman/ gear box.Problem is fluid leaks,from everywhere but I don't have the vehicle to diagnose where it is all coming from.Would try to get new pressure & return lines.
Thanks

I know that FJ61 was sold in Japan only and produced between 82/10 ~ 84/11.
So if your friend have FJ61, it's Japanese model and imported to Africa.
It must RHD vehicle and have almost same interior/exterior with US FJ60 but FJ61 have swing-out backdoor (Ambulance door)
FJ61 have 2F motor with 4 speed tranny and have no adapter between tranny and t-case.
The detail model name is FJ61V-KC or FJ61V-KCH4 but KCH4 was only made for Japanese fire truck that your friend's FJ61 must FJ61V-KC.

Thank you,

Oh, Min Seok

Hi, this is an fj61 and have LHD... and for the position of the cleaning arms, it is original...
RQ5067-1 chika.jpg
RQ5067-3 chika.jpg

Yepp! Toyota Prodeced a lot of FJ60 with Highroof(HRF)
Your photo looks like FJ60LV-KCZ model. 2F motor, 4F tranny, HRF, SOB, LHD.

SOB = Swing Out Backdoor = Ambulance door ;)

TBK1,

If you need anything from Japan, cruiser-related or not :hillbilly: I would be more than happy to help you. ;) (Just so people wouldn't think that I'm sneaky or anything, I do this to make a supplimental income, so there's some (steep :hillbilly:) fee involved. ;) (OK, hopefully it's not too steep! :))

ANYWAY, regarding the exact parts/part numbers, you should be able to get them from the recently discussed site.

Let me know what you need and I will let you know the price and availability on them from Japan. Some might be better, while others might be worse, than what you can get localy, but I'd love to try to find out!

ANYWAY, regardless of where/how you get the parts from, good luck to you and your friend!

Mot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom