4xsteve's move to the PNW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
No good place to put the all the truck and trailer build pics as well as pics from the cross-country journey that I can hopefully get, so I figured I'd create a place. Too busy trying to actually get on the road right now, so not able to post any up quite yet.

:steer:

No good place to put the all the truck and trailer build pics as well as pics from the cross-country journey that I can hopefully get, so I figured I'd create a place. Too busy trying to actually get on the road right now, so not able to post any up quite yet.

:steer:

when's the launch date?

If you need help moving something, and no one else will help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: 4xsteve

IH8MUD on Android

ForumRunner_20140227_014423.jpg

Now that's a fuel cell right there.
:beer:

If you need help moving something, and no one else will help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: 4xsteve

IH8MUD on Android

Que the theme music!

Not THAT theme music Sam! Haha. The A-Team! Although, if you saw the inside of my trailer, that theme would certainly qualify.

IH8MUD on Android

Yesterday afternoon:

ForumRunner_20140228_081055.jpg

IH8MUD on Android

ForumRunner_20140228_081055.jpg

That's cool stuff

Sent from my iPhone 60' up in a lift

You gonna need those boggers in the PNW! I must say I am impressed the car would pull the loaded trailer up into the rig :D

I once knew this redneck...:hillbilly:
Not that I can deny that, but how many rednecks do you know that don't own anything with a V-8? Even more, a yellow supercharged European car, the ONLY American made sportbike, and a 4wd truck that is not a Chevy, Ford or Dodge and cannot power its way out of a mud hole if life depended on it. Haha
(Admittedly though, the Boggers do kinda cancel a lot of that)

I must say I am impressed the car would pull the loaded trailer up into the rig :D
It might've with its old tranny gears, but not now since I re-geared it for highway driving; It was winched up with the Gecko. I'll try to load one if those pics after I post this.

IH8MUD on Android

Here was the setup to load the car.

ForumRunner_20140228_135302.jpg

IH8MUD on Android

ForumRunner_20140228_135302.jpg

Got to learn not to be drinking anything while reading this thread. That is the second time I spit liquid all over my computer screen. LOL!!

Last edited:
Got to learn not to be drinking anything will reading this thread. That is the second time I spit liquid all over my computer screen. LOL!!

I second that, and after seeing the Gecko tow the franken80 out at GMP, coupled with the last few pics, I have decided it is about as close to a swiss army knife as any vehicle can be.

Steve has a winch and he USES IT

...via IH8MUD app

Thanks for the compliments - I think?

Most of y'all don't even know about the dozens of times the Gecko has towed the tractors around my swampy yard UNASSISTED, the handfull of times it's towed the combined tractor-trailer around the same swamp-like yard assisted either with a co-driver or the winch, and the numerous times I've used the wireless winch remote to pull while I drive the semi.

Considering the price of the winch and that it's geared as a high-speed, I'm extremely pleased that it has held up to all my abuse. I'm thinking about becoming a distributor actually.

And Sid, definitely make this thread "dry" as you mentioned, there is much more insanity to come. :)

IH8MUD on Android

Thanks for the compliments - I think?

I have nothing but compliments for you Steve. It is amazing to see some of the "out of the box" solutions you come up with. I may not always agree with them, but still neat to see them work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom