every rig with a trail gear sas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. Show off your pickups and 4 runners here!!!!!!!! Pics and specs of your rigs. Only the ones running a trail gear setup. Also post the pros and cons. And if you were to do it over again would you go a different route?

89 4 runner, TG 4 inch rear with 3 inch front. Not that I would do it different I planned on leafs for a couple years then a 3 link front. Still have some flex left in the front, I have to trim the bump stop extension they're preventing the spring from going flat.

I like your runner. What size tires are those? Ill be able to post my pictures within the next few weeks. My sas kit will be here tomarrow!!

4" springs on 37's
Pros: solid axle
Cons: non
sure, why not

Guy, do you think you could fit 36s on your runner without trimming? Because I want the super swamper tsl but there aren't any 35s. Goes from 34 to 36. And also, I read your build up, but I don't recall you saying how far back you moved your hanger. 1/4 inch with the frame tubes all the way forward in the body mount seems to be the sweet spot for 4 cyl toyotas with the 3 inch tg kit.

Hard to say, I cut about 3 inches out of the front fenders to deal with rust. I also trimmed a little out at the cab when it was IFS to clear the 33's.

GH

Guy, do you think you could fit 36s on your runner without trimming? Because I want the super swamper tsl but there aren't any 35s. Goes from 34 to 36. And also, I read your build up, but I don't recall you saying how far back you moved your hanger. 1/4 inch with the frame tubes all the way forward in the body mount seems to be the sweet spot for 4 cyl toyotas with the 3 inch tg kit.

Missed the second part of your question.

The most forward part of the hanger, not the square tubing part is flush with the front of the frame. The spring tubes are centered in the body mount, but I wish they were forward another half an inch. The shackle angle is decent, but would have been perfect if the tubes were that much more forward.

GH

My toyota (3" lower than a tg 3" lift) clears 35's without trimming. I even still have the plastic on the back of the fenders!

The less backspacing you have, the more it will rub. Only reason mine doesn't rub is because I run 15x9 3.75"bs wheels with SFA hubs and without spacers. My old truck with 2" backspaces wheels rubbed like crazy.

CAM00005.jpg
CAM00005.jpg
CAM00006.jpg
CAM00005.jpg
CAM00006.jpg
CAM00005.jpg

CAM00003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom