Newbie Intro...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time Jeeper (yea, I know), but have always wanted to build a mild rig out of an 80 Series. I picked up a cheap (beat up) 1993 with factory lockers the other day and Im sure Ill be needing a mountain of parts once I dig into it.

I live near Flora, MS and look forward to getting involved in the club and busting my knuckles on this rig!

The beginning....

LC.JPG

I know that screen name from somewhere??? Welcome!

Long time Jeeper (yea, I know), but have always wanted to build a mild rig out of an 80 Series. I picked up a cheap (beat up) 1993 with factory lockers the other day and Im sure Ill be needing a mountain of parts once I dig into it.

I live near Flora, MS and look forward to getting involved in the club and busting my knuckles on this rig!
Welcome! I think you'll find the whole Land Cruiser experience to be completely different from the Jeeps.....both the vehicle AND the people!

Im a Newbie to forumlogo.png and people say (WELCOME TO THE MADNESS) .. and there right!!!! WELCOME :cheers:

forumlogo.png

jump in the water and the BS are deep! Welcome.

Welcome to the madness! Come on out to a club meeting the first tuesday of the month and meet everyone!

I appreciate it! Got another Jeep buddy buying an LX450 today in Brimingham, so Im sure he will be getting on here as well. Im GOVT MULE or TrooperMc on a bunch of other sites. Havent named the Cruiser yet, but my mildly built Jeep J-10 pickup is named "Truck Norris" (according to my kids).....

wngrog said:
He's friends with Pat so he has pedigree

Well if he knows Pat....

Welcome!

welcome Boyd !

Come to the meeting and hang out .

It's at the Cherokee in Jackson, MS at 6pm. 1 st Tuesday of every month.

The Landcruiser sickness is the best to have when it comes to illness LOL. Come hangout with the Sick. Don't worry we don't talk about bowel movements at our meetings.

What's the plan for your 93?

Welcome Boyd.

Bossman. Was a Ar guy on pirate years ago had a built truck in all the mags called Gov Mule

Mike Childress

Thanks guys. Plans are to keep it cheap for now. It is already rough, that was part of the appeal to it. Flares are in bad shape, so Im going to remove them and the runnning boards, add 2.5" heavy, slee front bumper, winch, 305 or 315 tires, and cooler full of adult beverages.

Been sorting out minor mechanical in what little time Ive had in the last week, replaced one tail light, replaced bulbs, replaced speakers, added a Pioneer media receiver. Im about to address a few oil leaks and give it a fresh tune up.

Thanks guys. Plans are to keep it cheap for now. It is already rough, that was part of the appeal to it. Flares are in bad shape, so Im going to remove them and the runnning boards, add 2.5" heavy, slee front bumper, winch, 305 or 315 tires, and cooler full of adult beverages. Been sorting out minor mechanical in what little time Ive had in the last week, replaced one tail light, replaced bulbs, replaced speakers, added a Pioneer media receiver. Im about to address a few oil leaks and give it a fresh tune up.

Go 315's for sure.

Level ride will be achieved with heavy front/medium rear.

Heavy/heavy will get you a pretty high ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom