How often do you change your Engine Oil? (1 Viewer)

How often do you change your Engine Oil?

• 3-5k

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • 5-8k

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • 8-10k

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • 10-15k

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How often do you change your Engine Oil?:wrench:

This one seems better. I like the poll.

When I've changed the oil before 5k, it looks as clean as it went in. The one time I went longer than that and it looked pretty dirty. But it was the first time I'd used mobil1 synthetic. So I assume it cleaned up after the conventional oil.

Chris: Thanks for posting that link, I did do some searching before posting the poll but didn't see that one. I thought it would be easier to see what most members are doing using a poll.

Since, I am new to my hundy I want to have a good idea of what most 100 owners are doing. I don't know if having a Super Charger will change anything?

I'm in the 5k-8k camp. It always looks as clean as it went in, last time was the longest I've gone at about 6k. My truck has never seen synthetic, and my mechanic recommended not switching over with the miles I've got (150k). Anyone want to shed light on that? To me it seems like there's a lot of life left in this beast and I don't see why it would be bad to use better lubrication.

This one seems better. I like the poll.

When I've changed the oil before 5k, it looks as clean as it went in. The one time I went longer than that and it looked pretty dirty. But it was the first time I'd used mobil1 synthetic. So I assume it cleaned up after the conventional oil.

Same happened to me when I switched the Mobil 1, came out really dark.

I change at 5K and use Mobil 1 Synthetic and it is very dark at 5K. I started using synthetic at 65K so don't have a baseline of what it looked like previously with whatever type of oil was used.

How many miles did you have when you made the transition?

I bought my white truck with 167k on it. I believe that first round of synthetic was its first.

The synthetic that came out of my my old Silver 90k mile 100 was as clean as new after 3-5k miles. The oil coming out of the white truck has been cleaner since the first time.

I think there is a lot of witch doctor advice about synthetic vs non. I've read that it doesn't matter. You can even mix the two if you want.

I change the oil in all our vehicles at 3k with Mobil 1 synthetic. (Thats not true the 40 gets conventional because synthetic wasn't around in '69 when she was built so I don't want to ruin it with the good stuff.) It's what my grandpa told me to do when I was young and I just never changed my ways. Sure it could go a lot longer but it's cheap maintenance and really damn easy, and where we live now the trucks are outside and 50 yards away from the barn where the tools are... and its winter.:hillbilly:

I send a sample to blackstone at every oil change. In the last 50k miles, I've settled at a 7500 mile interval based on the testing feedback. The only time they recommended shortening the interval was when I went to 9k. Recently tests have recommended 8500, but I'm more comfortable at 7500.

Of course, a lot depends on your use. I drive an average of 200-500 miles per 7500 on dirt, but I don't tow.

ps... i was on the app and did not see that there was a poll attached. Haha so i missed the context of this thread all together!

my bad!

good idea on the poll though!

I bought my white truck with 167k on it. I believe that first round of synthetic was its first.

The synthetic that came out of my my old Silver 90k mile 100 was as clean as new after 3-5k miles. The oil coming out of the white truck has been cleaner since the first time.

I think there is a lot of witch doctor advice about synthetic vs non. I've read that it doesn't matter. You can even mix the two if you want.

Hmmm thanks for the feedback Klaus. I may give it a shot, but I just have the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mindset to overcome.

Hmmm thanks for the feedback Klaus. I may give it a shot, but I just have the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mindset to overcome.

Good thing you aren't fixing anything then, by switching to synthetic. You're improving the lifeblood you are providing your Cruiser. It's definitely a good idea for you to switch over to synthetic. It's worth reading up on, there is a lot of misinformation still floating around about synthetic oil surprisingly.
I <3 silver jugs of Mobil 1.

Good thing you aren't fixing anything then, by switching to synthetic. You're improving the lifeblood you are providing your Cruiser. It's definitely a good idea for you to switch over to synthetic. It's worth reading up on, there is a lot of misinformation still floating around about synthetic oil surprisingly.
I <3 silver jugs of Mobil 1.

Well that's why I've been so in-between on it. I'll stop polluting this thread with novice BS and do my homework. Thanks for the advice.

Every 3k miles

Usually drive 35k to 45k per year always have and always will.

Oil changes are cheap; motors not so much.

Well that's why I've been so in-between on it. I'll stop polluting this thread with novice BS and do my homework. Thanks for the advice.

Hey, there's no novice BS going on in here. Just some food for thought for anyone that may be on the fence as well. :)

I change at 5K and use Mobil 1 Synthetic and it is very dark at 5K. I started using synthetic at 65K so don't have a baseline of what it looked like previously with whatever type of oil was used.

Synthetic cleans up the deposits that the Dino juice leaves behind in your engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom