2003 Coleman Taos build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How about streching frame for atv

Has anyone thought about streching the frame to put a atv on the front? My brother in law wants me to do wheels and tires and the frame extention on the exact same trailer. Would it be to tongue heavy?

Sick build, dude! I've seen these on Craigslist for good prices, and it looks like you have some good welding/fab skills ... Perfect size pop up, IMO.

Cheers, Joel

Impressive build, I admire your ability to keep the tires normal and not overbuild. You mention early about shower, water, heater upgrades.
Have any of these things happened? If so, please post them up.

Nice build robinhood4x4.

How is the spare under tongue working for you?

Looks like the stabilizer extensions fit when folded up, or did you redo the design? I need to do similar, think I have ~4" to work with when folded up and don't think that will be enough, may need to space them down off the frame. I rebuilt a Coleman Colorado but their the same parts I imagine.

I'm calling about an older UTAH tomorrow and want to do basically the same thing you did here.

Any updates since 09?

I'm calling about an older UTAH tomorrow and want to do basically the same thing you did here.

Any updates since 09?
His website has been relocated to China - not secure. I don’t think he’s here anymore.
@robinhood4x4 hasn't been here since 2014

We had a Taos some time back. TBH, I think that trailers in that category are still not that well suited for off-road use even after suspension mods. The overall build is just very light duty. Easy dirt roads maybe, dirt campgrounds sure. Rocky trails: I wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom