RockJock'n my LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A little while ago I purchased a 96 LX450 with a blown motor in N. Phoenix. It is a bit rough, and needs some work... :wrench::wrench::wrench:

Murf and I went through the motor to make sure it was 100% trashed. Once we determined it was toast, he threw it on a car carrier and sent it to Tucson for some V8 love... :popcorn:

Jonathan Robinson (RockJock82) is in the process of transplanting a LS2 6.0 V8 from an H2 Hummer into it. The motor had ~40K miles when it was pulled.

Getting it to where I would like it to be is going to be a long road, but it should be fun. If you would like to follow the build, check out the thread that Jonathan has started below.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/789279-1996-lx450-6-0l-lq9-swap.html

Cheers! :clap:

2013-11-24 11.52.39.jpg

Nice find Mike. When its ready to pickup if I am heading to Tucson I can give you a ride to pick it up.

Are you sure you want to swap that powerhouse 4.5L for a 6.0 that is lighter gets better mileage and has a little more power:confused:

:lol::lol::lol:

Thing will be sweet:steer:

Once mike told me his LandCruiser 6.0 fantasy, it wasnt long before I made the call to him saying: "Mike, i see a great candidate on CL for your conversion!"

He bought it the next day.

Thanks for letting me help and enjoy this vicariously through you Mike :D

I cant wait to see the final product :steer::bounce::bounce2:

Now youhave what, three LandCruisers. (the mans gots the sickness!!) :grinpimp:

Let help him find the 4th one ...
I agree! Maybe a 100 for a sas so we can develop a kit???? Hmmm... Stay tuned....

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Shameless plug.

My hundy is available. Cheap to boot :)

whats the latest Mike? any details you can share of interesting points of the build?

whats the latest Mike? any details you can share of interesting points of the build?

Jonathan is pulling the old motor out today and is finishing up the install of the Advance Adapter. He is going to rebuild my old one and throw it into his wifey's ride...:steer::princess:

I am keeping a tally of everything that is needed plus a little more. I am gutting the interior and putting in new. I already purchased a new steering wheel, leather seat covers and carbon fiber seat heaters from Metric. The dash has a crack in it, so I will replace that as well.

The plan is also to purchase new carpet from stock interiors. Just waiting until it is a bit closer to being done.

Jonathan said he would like to get it wrapped up here in the next couple of weeks. I should have it back up to my place in late Jan or early Feb.

Adapter is on the transmission and ready for the tcase. Motor is coming out of the Lexus tomorrow.

image-2301360040.jpg

image-2511273183.jpg

Motor and transmission no mas

image-3739633925.jpg

image-3969286520.jpg

Tcase cleaned and mounted. Wiring reworked and replaced vacuum lines, added oil sender to pan and plumbed breather. Also 86 the motor mounts prepping for the new drivetrain.

image-3253381782.jpg

image-3090484680.jpg

image-4257479951.jpg

Tcase cleaned and mounted. Wiring reworked and replaced vacuum lines, added oil sender to pan and plumbed breather. Also 86 the motor mounts prepping for the new drivetrain.

I imagine that 6000 lb pig is a little harder to move around now... Especially on that angled driveway :steer:

Ah it's not too bad that's why I go to the gym to move heavy objects :)

Rumor is your bringing her home!? :bounce2::bounce:

I want a ride please :steer:

Yep, picking her up tomorrow. First shakedown run will be the trip from Tucson. Johnathan said not to worry about all the extra nuts and bolts that were left over :)

You dont need those! Come on!! Now Im not responsible for speeding tickets or you crashing this thing because your used to a 230hp 4.7L.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom