Toyota Stout support group? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I owned two Stouts at one point, a 64 and 67. Both perfectly complete and in decent shape, however with the lack of availability of new parts, a "restoration" was not really in the cards for either. One was a missing title/paperwork basket case, I gave that one to a friend who let me store both on his property for a while.
Kept my 67. Have dabbled on work on it just to keep it in decent shape till I can really get to work on it.

Light body work and industrial primer/underbody rust proofing. New carpet and interior painted. Interior still needs seats/console/door panels/headliner.

I had the engine swapped to a 20r with 5 speed floor shift, however I took that back out and swapped into my 75 celica gt.

Plans for the stout include crown vic aluminum front k-frame with fully self contained front suspension/vented discs/power rack and pinion,
Lexus 1uz v8, and more than likely a rear axle from tacoma with E-locker.

However the Single turbo 2j Mk2 supra is my winter project so that comes first.

Couple pics before it went into winter storage.
It will also be receiving the front bumper off of my 4x4 as I built a new one.
(bumper/valance seen on truck here, will be going on the stout)
http://s78.photobucket.com/user/waballer/media/20130224_162231_zpsb16f39f9.jpg.html

Because I built this for the 4x4
(sorry for the blur..had over spray on my phone)
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/waballer/20131202_143013_zpsd063179c.jpg

No longer has the pink wheels (lol) but 16" dished steelies.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/waballer/SprintPhoto_bo41ug-1.jpg

Bed off for rust proofing before priming
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/waballer/SprintPhoto_buisr2-1.jpg

I would love to, I really dig these little trucks. I just can never find one.

How serious are you? I know of two for sale in Idaho, one is running/driving the other is a resto candidate. There was one in CA on Craigslist over the weekend but it has sold. It was a 1964 which makes it one of four imported to the US.

Kurt- I don't own a Stout, but would love to follow your build if you start a thread. I really want to get a early hilux RN10, but they are hard to find.

I'll start one one of these days :D

I owned two Stouts at one point, a 64 and 67. Both perfectly complete and in decent shape, however with the lack of availability of new parts, a "restoration" was not really in the cards for either. One was a missing title/paperwork basket case, I gave that one to a friend who let me store both on his property for a while.
Kept my 67. Have dabbled on work on it just to keep it in decent shape till I can really get to work on it.

Right on :cool:

How serious are you? I know of two for sale in Idaho, one is running/driving the other is a resto candidate. There was one in CA on Craigslist over the weekend but it has sold. It was a 1964 which makes it one of four imported to the US.

Im not super serious, but would be a lot more inclined if it was closer to me. I have been more serious about getting back into a 1st gen 4Runner lately.

Im not super serious, but would be a lot more inclined if it was closer to me. I have been more serious about getting back into a 1st gen 4Runner lately.

Totally understand. I'll let you know if a TX area Stout pops up on my radar.

good to see some more stout owners. I have a '65 that is waiting for some much needed attention. Anyone know if a FJ45 heater box is a close fit for a stout? Mine was missing it when I bought it an I don't know anyone around me with a FJ to check out the heater mounts.
here's a pic of mine

I suppose an early 40/45 heater could work. The Stout OE setup is quite different, much shorter. I've got a lose 45 heater I need to dig out and clean up, I'll try and remember to snap a picture next to the Stouts.

Here is the stock heater on a 67. If I recall from the rebuild, it is held on by three bolts.

heater_photo.jpg

heaters

I've got a few stout heaters and some misc little parts
call or email me at the shop

I've got a few stout heaters and some misc little parts
call or email me at the shop

:cool:

Any of the following available?

My needs:
Steering Wheel (complete wheel with horn trim ring)
Dome light lens
tail light housings/lenses
fender mount mirrors
Front grill trim (headlight surround)
Wheels & hubcaps
Air intake rubber tube (between air cleaner and carb)
Fan blade & hub
Voltage Regulator
Horn Relay
Windshield
Windshield Gasket: Cabe Toyota has?
Door weather stripping
Parts Book

I've shared some of these with Kurt, but here are all my Stout parts contacts:

Mike Guarderas, Washington state, parting out a Stout: msg815@yahoo.com

Mike Bingham, Cabe Toyota, California, good source for OEM/NOS:
mbingham@cabetoyota.com

Carlyn Dinkler, North Carolina, THE expert on 1965-70 Corona RT43/52, the 1969-72 Corona Mark II RT6#/7#, and the 1970-73 Corona RT8#/9#. A bunch of these parts work with 3RB. He also stocks engine labels.
cdinkler@bellsouth.net

Rick Dormoi, (Pennsylvania?), is a good source for hard to find parts, including suspension.
rick@toyotaheadauto.com

Salsipuedes Auto Wreckers, Watsonville California. They have a number of stouts they are parting out, including interior parts.
They are on Facebook and have some Stouts featured.
https://www.facebook.com/SalsipuedesAutoWreckers
Phone: 831-728-1551. They don't seem to mind going out to the parts trucks and checking for even the most obscure part.

GWS RareParts. Good source for NOS on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/gws-rareparts

Last edited:
:cool:

Any of the following available?

My needs:
Steering Wheel (complete wheel with horn trim ring)
Dome light lens
tail light housings/lenses
fender mount mirrors
Front grill trim (headlight surround)
Wheels & hubcaps
Air intake rubber tube (between air cleaner and carb)
Fan blade & hub
Voltage Regulator
Horn Relay
Windshield
Windshield Gasket: Cabe Toyota has?
Door weather stripping
Parts Book

tail lights are gone for sure
I might have a dome light still, mirror, horn relay
I do have the head light trim with rust spots
I have another box up in the racking I'll need to check
3 pics below are what I've got out so far
ignore the seat belt, It's not from the stout

87110-89109 heater.jpg

87120-35020 heater.jpg

stout random.jpg

If anyone needs me to check Salsipuedes in Watsonville for stuff (pics and prices) that's in my neighborhood. PM me for what you're lookin for.

Trey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom