New to MUD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello to all! Flying out to Knoxville Sunday to pickup my 95 wagon, very excited to say the least...
220 on the clock, Old Man Emu 4" lift, 285/75R16 BFG mud KM2, ABR air lockers front/rear. Will post pix soon as she's home.

Thinking about doing a engine swap. Any shop recommendation for the Dallas area would be greatly appreciate. :)

You may be new to mud but your truck isn't.

Welcome to mud, although we have been texting about your truck all morning. If the PO is a mud member like wrench says, you should be in good hands.

Jon

why an engine swap. Is the engine in poor condition or are you wanting to go to a more powerful engine or diesel

These engines are tough and can last a long time, a minor rebuild of the head would go along way and some have even swapped out the pistons, but most have not

When I rebuilt my head, performance improved, the oil burn stopped. Prior I was adding a quart every few months

Slee can put in a 2uZ Toyota engine providing a lot more power. You will find the Toyota engines to be more reliable for the long haul

Welcome to MUD.

racer122 - Regearing with a 285 tire is not needed.

pix added

Hello to all! Flying out to Knoxville Sunday to pickup my 95 wagon, very excited to say the least...
220 on the clock, Old Man Emu 4" lift, 285/75R16 BFG mud KM2, ABR air lockers front/rear. Will post pix soon as she's home.

Thinking about doing a engine swap. Any shop recommendation for the Dallas area would be greatly appreciate. :)

added pix to the thread.. bwt the truck in back is my DD

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Ditch the Ford drive the 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom