Prospective members (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi my name is Camilo and I'm 23. Learning a lot by reading what you guys have to say, no one close to me is a car freak so learning the old fashion way.

I'm new to the whole fj world and I'm loving every bit of it. I just acquired my 71 fj40 a few months ago. Its got a full roll cage, 350 conversion, front disk brakes (working on getting rear axle with disk brakes). I'm in the process of installing ps conversion, rear axle conversion and getting some sort of lift. I know this is not the place so if you have suggestions pm I'd love to hear them.

I haven't been on any runs yet but I can't wait I've been wanting to go on one since I was young. I'm a student and work in the healthcare industry.

Camilo :bounce2:

Hi my name is Camilo and I'm 23. Learning a lot by reading what you guys have to say, no one close to me is a car freak so learning the old fashion way.

I'm new to the whole fj world and I'm loving every bit of it. I just acquired my 71 fj40 a few months ago. Its got a full roll cage, 350 conversion, front disk brakes (working on getting rear axle with disk brakes). I'm in the process of installing ps conversion, rear axle conversion and getting some sort of lift. I know this is not the place so if you have suggestions pm I'd love to hear them.

I haven't been on any runs yet but I can't wait I've been wanting to go on one since I was young. I'm a student and work in the healthcare industry.

Camilo :bounce2:

Camilo:

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to your new-found addiction. FJ40s are beasts in stock form, and even more-so with a V8 conversion.

If you have facebook, you should join the Trail Crew group page. There is a LOT more activity there than on mud. Here is a link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Trailcrew4x4/

Please also consider coming out to our monthly meeting. They are held on the first Tuesday of every month at the Sizzlers restaurant in Sunland at 7:00pm. There are plenty of 40 series guys that come to the meetings, and I'm sure you'll be able to get a LOT of advice from them.

Hi Camilo,
As Sean mentioned, try to make it to our next meeting on 12/3 at Sizzlers off the 210 on sunland. There are a few well built 40's that come which you can draw info from and ask questions.

-Randy

Hi guys. my name is oscar and I owned a 1972 fj40 for the last 4 years adn a 1989 fj62. they are still a work in progress but they runs and look ok.

I am interested in becoming part of the club. I will try to make it to the next meeting.

Oscar

Hi guys. my name is oscar and I owned a 1972 fj40 for the last 4 years adn a 1989 fj62. they are still a work in progress but they runs and look ok.

I am interested in becoming part of the club. I will try to make it to the next meeting.

Oscar

Sounds good Oscar. See you Feb 4th and the Sizzler in Sunland right off the 210 at 7pm.

Hi all,

Alex, West(ish) LA
97 FJZ80, 40th Anni, locked x3
My first LC, primary DD but purchased for camping expeditions to places without campsites (no more racing to jumbo rocks on a friday night).. Upgrade from a Scion Xb, which just wasn't handling the trails how I wanted it to.. You know what they say tho, "Once you go Toyo"...

pics to follow shortly

:cheers:

Hi all,

Alex, West(ish) LA
97 FJZ80, 40th Anni, locked x3
My first LC, primary DD but purchased for camping expeditions to places without campsites (no more racing to jumbo rocks on a friday night).. Upgrade from a Scion Xb, which just wasn't handling the trails how I wanted it to.. You know what they say tho, "Once you go Toyo"...

pics to follow shortly

:cheers:

Join us at the next meeting April 1st at 7pm. It will be at the Sizzler in Sunland off the 210. (this is not an april fools joke.)

Hi everyone, my name is Eric, and ToyotaDon sent me here. I actually just attended my first Land Cruiser meet yesterday at the Bakersfield swap meet. We have had the Land Cruiser in our family since new in 94, and it's just finally seeing some real action. One of my friends told me I should try off roading, so we got together and finally decided to try it. Main Divide was closed when we got there, so we ended up trying Cleghorn. I had a blast, and that's when I got hooked. I would love to meet and trail with you guys. The Land Cruiser has a poverty pack and is bone stock except for some Yokohama Geolanders. I think my next mod (if you can call it that) is removing the running boards.

In San Gabriel Valley, my group of friends surprisingly all have Cruisers! Two of our friends led us three newbies on our first trail. Since i'm not very experienced yet, I would love to trail with a few more experienced veterans, and hopefully learn more.
1909243_10202014163288939_243301973_o.jpg

Come to our next meeting on the 6th and meet the crew. Lots of wagons in the group. This past weekend we had two separate runs which were both successful.

Hello,

My name is Eric located in the West San Fernando Valley. I have a '07 FJ Cruiser and '84 FJ60.

I don't frequent any trails but I've had weekend trips in Death Valley and Old Mojave Road.

If this group has an active Facebook page, please let me know.

Thank you!

Eric, thanks for checking out the thread. As you can tell, there's not much activity here on this forum, however there is quite a bit of activity on our facebook page, located here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Trailcrew4x4/

Also, please check out our recently re-designed web page here:

www.TheTrailCrew.com

If you are interested in being kept apprised of future runs, meetings, events, there is a sign-up option located on the website.

I'm in the same boat as you with two cruisers. I have a 2012 FJ Cruiser and a 1997 LX450. Hope to see you at the next meeting and on the facebook group!

sup everyone, Im Dean from huntington park and Im addicted to 4x4s. I recently got hold of a '78 fj40 with no engine so itll be a fresh build all around. I hope in a couple years or so ill be able to make it to a meet in the fj40..... or if youll allow me to drive my other vehicle which is a (jeep):poof: i could park it around the corner :D

We have many jeeps in the club so you wouldn't be the first. We welcome all 4x4's and enthusiasts.

Our next meeting is Tues, december 6th, at marie calendars off magic mtn parkway in santa clarita.

Hi all,

my name is Daan, originally from the Netherlands, now in Pasadena. I recently bought an '89 FJ62 and would love to get it off the pavement. I have zero experience with 4 wheel offroading, but did some dirt riding on 2 wheels with my yamaha tenere back home. For that kind of playing, I have a Honda XR650R here :)

Hi Daan,
I think I accidentally cancelled your fb request to join our group. Could you please re-apply and I will accept you on there? We are more active on fb for local runs and chat.

Thanks, Randy.

Hey Im Bob and I live in Ventura. Just got a 92 fj80 and want to hit the dirt. See you at the meeting on tuesday.

Sounds good. We're at vincencos off Lyon's Blvd in santa clarita (not in saugus!)

Hi everyone,
My name is Alex. New to this forum.
Originally from Israel, now in Sherman Oaks. Not yet an owner of a real vehicle, driving an MB sedan for now, but really want to have 4x4 again.
I had a small and brisk 92 Suzuki Vitara locked front and rear, but had to leave it.
I sent a request to join your group on FB, to start reading and follow you to get more and more appetite to get my 4x4 again.
If i may, what can you recomend me, what to look for? My friends in Israel mostly drive Toyota, but all of them have diesel LC, Hylux, 4runner or FJ.
What to buy? What should i be preferd for buying?
Thanks, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom