(((((( I want one ))))))) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

very nice but I would guess it best not to ask for the price if you have a weak heart... :)

Me to

If I didn't have a 40, 80 and a Ford F250 with a Lance camper I would be all over that. Very cool design.

I want one too! Well thought out, and well out of my price range. No, I did not ckeck price. I couldn't stand the shock. Thanks for posting anyway.

oh jeeze, soo waant that! well, i'll grab one when i hit the lotto after i pick up a crew cab 70 series ute...and i might as well tow one of these in case the wife and i get into a fight... and i'll just sleep in the UEV, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxvfDTaUVAo

Well crap! Now I want one of those!

Well thought out. I'd like to read reviews of setting up and breaking camp in rain or snow, though. You would have to open it up and dry it out after you got it home or nasty things would start to grow in it. At least here in the PNW. But for the most part, not bad for an off road camper - :hillbilly:

Very nice unit and well thought out. I followed a link to a review in an AUS magazine and the price was listed at $38,000 AU, which are roughly 1 - 1 with US dollars. Plus shipping to the US and a flat bed/tray too...

Nice, but $$$$$'s

Doesn't sound unreasonable. It looks much better made than most US RVs, too, but that goes with the territory.

I'd love to have one with a nice LandCruiser crew-cab to haul it. In green, please...Dream on:D

................and the price was listed at $38,000 AU, which are roughly 1 - 1 with US dollars. Plus shipping to the US and a flat bed/tray too...

Doesn't sound unreasonable. It looks much better made than most US RVs, too, but that goes with the territory...........
Are you serious, greentruck? :eek: It is not an RV and if you don't agree, try camping in a private RV park that doesn't allow tents, sometime. Their definition of RV seems to be: "must have electrical and water/sewage hookups". I would consider this maybe in the el primo tent trailer category; an off road camper or for campgrounds with no hookups. I watched the video yesterday and don't remember any hookups. They showed where to fill the onboard water tank. Don't remember an electrical or sewer. The port-a-poty had its own holding tank.
But $38K plus shipping? Yeah, quality looks good, but not that good!

Are you serious, greentruck? :eek: It is not an RV and if you don't agree, try camping in a private RV park that doesn't allow tents, sometime. Their definition of RV seems to be: "must have electrical and water/sewage hookups".
SNIP

Sorry, I was using the term "RV" generically, not trying to sneak into anyone's Rich Man's Motor Home Park...:p

Not that I have any plans on "camping" in one of those anyway.:rolleyes:

All I know is from looking at various "RV" type camping vehicles is that you can drop $20k real easy and have something made out of pressed wood and thin aluminum that you can beat to death on the roads I like to travel in a couple of years.

Paying twice that much for something rugged and "outback proven" seems reasonable to me.

Sorry, I was using the term "RV" generically, not trying to sneak into anyone's Rich Man's Motor Home Park...:p

Not that I have any plans on "camping" in one of those anyway.:rolleyes:

All I know is from looking at various "RV" type camping vehicles is that you can drop $20k real easy and have something made out of pressed wood and thin aluminum that you can beat to death on the roads I like to travel in a couple of years.

Paying twice that much for something rugged and "outback proven" seems reasonable to me.

Kinda like Kimberley Kampers. Park one next to a Coleman pop-up and it becomes instantly clear. The Austrailian canvas weighs more than the Coleman trailer......:lol:

Sorry, I was using the term "RV" generically, not trying to sneak into anyone's Rich Man's Motor Home Park...:p.......
I hear ya. My point was, and I'm new to RVs, is that there are some RV parks out there that will not let you stay - even overnight in them unless you "fit in". Tents, tent trailers, slide in campers camper shells and the like are out of luck in some of these places. One park I tried to make reservations in (by phone) wouldn't even look at my rig because it was over 10 years old :hmm:. So it matters not to some folks how well built your rig is. They have a narrow window to get in.

Most of us MUD folks want to camp away from places like that anyway, but there are some of us that have to travel several days through urban areas or farm land to get to our destination and we don't want to stay in motels.

................All I know is from looking at various "RV" type camping vehicles is that you can drop $20k real easy and have something made out of pressed wood and thin aluminum that you can beat to death on the roads I like to travel in a couple of years.

You've got a point. I picked up a '89 slide in camper that has some problems of course, but I figure tinkering with it to get it up to my standards, I'll be learning a lot and it won't be a target for the low-lifes that seem to prey on the nicer things in life. And maybe I'll get the knowledge that I need to get what I really want:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom