Frame mounted toolbox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I'm looking for a toolbox that mounts to the frame rails behind the front bumper of an FJ40. I saw one in the vol.10 Man-A-Fre catalog by con-ferr, but have been unable to find it online anywhere. It doesn't need to be that exact one, just the same application. Anyone got any links or suppliers for one of these?

Thanks in advance

Con Fer was the maker of the box you want, if I remember Con Fer has stoped making them(and bumpers and other Cruiser stuff) so your gonna need to find a used one. It's possible I remember that Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters might have had a new on for sale.

have seen a few used ones on Ebay before.

John H

Thanks John,

Man-a-Fre is all out
So is 4wheelparts wholesalers

I'm going to check Cruiser Outfitters and ebay

Thanks for the suggestions

Jim

might even call CCOT, they bought out alot of the old Con Fer stuff(bumpers at least), as did Kilby Enterprises.

John

Okay, I'll check them out, too.

Thanks a lot :)

You could make one pretty easy if you have a welder and a torch. I have one that I made by copying the ConFerr box. Measurements are 16 1/2" wide, 8 3/4" high in rear tapering to 6" high in front, and 9 3/4" front to rear. Mine looks great and didn't cost anything.

fj40mayo,
Thanks for the idea. I don't have a welder or torch. I did find a new one at FJparts.com and ordered it, but a friend of mine will find your specs helpful, as he intends to make one for himself.

Thanks a lot

Jim

Got one! Thanks for reading my thread...

Jim

Anyone got pictures of these toolboxes? I'm thinking of making something up, low profile, lockable, weather-proof but deep enough to hold the stock jack, heavy tool bags, etc. Something that does not block radiator air flow. I was thinking it could even tuck inside/enforce the front bumper - utilize the misc. mounting holes already in the stock bumper. Possibly a quick-release inside the box to pull it off the truck easily and a custom fit that allows access to tow hooks and center arm adjustment.

Might also make a nice step up to the engine when the hood is opened and back on the windshield.
toolbox-front-bumper.jpg

Curious about this too. Since I dont plan on running a winch currently and I am fine without power steering I have been looking into this as a secure and out of the way place to store my recovery gear.

Here is a photo I found of one in use: (Not mine by the way)

fj40-2067.jpg

Curious about this too. Since I dont plan on running a winch currently and I am fine without power steering I have been looking into this as a secure and out of the way place to store my recovery gear.

Here is a photo I found of one in use: (Not mine by the way)

Thanks for the photos. That doesn't look bad. I don't like the bouncing padlock but some kind of other lock could be used.

Have had one for 25 years. Snatch-em strap, jumper cables, hatchet. Love it!!! Never needed a winch, have 2 cable winches and a farm jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom