Alexander Mackenzie Trail - 2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So they're still at Kluskoil Lake, enjoying R&R. From there they turn north and intercept the Batnuni FSR and possibly detour up Knudson Road to Pelican Lake. From there they probably head to Nazko for supplies and fuel. Getting close to the finish of the Mackenzie Trail for 2013 folks.:steer: Yehaa!

I just talked to Gary T on the phone from Quesnel and the crew has finished their Mackenzie Trail trip and have scattered in different directions for other destinations. He said the trail hacking from Gaucho Lake to Tsasha L was brutal with too much chainsaw work for deadfalls. The abandoned Lodge at Tsasha Lake has been burned to the ground, and is no more. Gary will be back for the September 12 CC meeting and we can hear all about it from Rob and Dan. See you there!

Yup, back in 'civilization'.....
I liked dodging trees and rocks more than dodging fat people in the parking lot at walmart....
It was a great trip and definitely an area worthy of spending more time getting to know.:steer:

Last edited:
I'am in Kelowna cleaning the rig for storage for a month until I move up here -- flying back to Victoria tomorrow. One more ferry ransom to pay to get off the Island
That was a tough bushwacking bushbashing cruiserbashing SOB of a trail......
much tougher than 2010.

You guys are really building the suspense... I can't wait for the trip report!

I cant wait for it also and I was there!!
Was going through my pictures last night. funny some of the hell that we forget about!

MacAttack2013 096.jpg

Gary was whipping that boat with Rob at the helm around Mackenzie lodge field in loops at 50 kph ... yippee ki yay

Someone got the Video??

Back in civilization after 10 days in the bush. Spent the last 2 days getting my truck back into shape. The toll for my rig is a destroyed tire (took out the sidewall), passenger side mirror (was able to fix this), burnt out the motor on my 8274.

004.jpg

Well, I've got 60g of pictures and video's to deal with, but here's a couple of pics thanks to Mike.:D

MacAttack2013 091.jpg

MacAttack2013 092.jpg

The damage

001 (2).jpg

002 (2).jpg

Trail Issues

The carnage on this trip was extensive - no one was spared. Here is an incomplete list

4 tires (1x Glenn-brand new), 1x Rob, 2x Gary)
2 Left mirrors (Glenn, Rob)
1 8274 motor (Rob)
Multiple dents and door creases (Glenn, Gary, Rob, Bill )
Ripped off fender flares (Dan)
1 rad taken out - stick in Dan's HDJ81 -JB Welded got thru
1 or 2 IFS seals and axel clip came out? - Mike
Bull Bar pushed in - busted limb riser (Glenn)
Dan's loaded roof rack was ripped entirely off his truck.

That is what I recall ...

The carnage on this trip was extensive - no one was spared. Here is an incomplete list

4 tires (1x Glenn-brand new), 1x Rob, 2x Gary)
2 Left mirrors (Glenn, Rob)
1 8274 motor (Rob)
Multiple dents and door creases (Glenn, Gary, Rob, Bill )
Ripped off fender flares (Dan)
1 rad taken out - stick in Dan's HDJ81 -JB Welded got thru
1 or 2 IFS seals and axel clip came out? - Mike
Bull Bar pushed in - busted limb riser (Glenn)
Dan's loaded roof rack was ripped entirely off his truck.

That is what I recall ...

:O

I don't think I have heard if a ripped off Roof Rack before.

Anything is possible...

A clean sweep - Fuel, Boat, Hi lift and Yakima cargo box - Dan's s good sport - see the smile:grinpimp:

011.jpg

Being tall sucks.... Hit your head on everything lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom