Trip Report: Chivo Falls "August Run of The Month" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chuy

07' GX470
Threads
The trip was great and we had a big summer turn out with over 22 Toyotas and a few Jeeps! We also had a few new members sign up day of the run.

It was also great to meet and wheel with the Tucson CSC members. We split up in two groups one that went around three feathers (stockerish friendly) and the other did Three Feathers.

Big thanks to Rocky_LC and Neatus for leading the two groups. Another big thanks to Phil for providing the spare CB's and for having the last minute "Trail Swag" freebies made!

The daytime lower temps mixed with a nice overcast all day made the run very enjoyable. We met up where the two trails meet and had a group lunch in the wash with some nice big trees for shade. The last stretch of road leading up to Chivo falls had been washed away making it an interesting ascent and decent for the stock guys. The fall was barely running compared to the spring time but it made climbing up into the caves much easier.

On the way out we split up again into two groups and met back up at the air down location. We also stopped on the way out when I saw this huge Gila Monster crossing the road it was well over a foot long. After that some of the group made their way back home, another headed up to Mt. Lemmon for an overnight camp and the rest of us hit up Nimbus Bistro Brew Pub for food and drinks!

All together it was an awesome trip and it was fantastic to see the level of club involvement during the hottest times of the year. Cant wait to do it again:cheers:

DSC_6610.jpg

DSC_6550.jpg

DSC_6579.jpg

DSC_6588.jpg

DSC_6660.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some of my Shots....

Chuy & CSC Team -

Thanks for coordinating a great trip - I think everyone had a good time.

Phil et. al. Sorry I missed you guys this AM, swung by about 1030, but you guys were gone.

Here's some pictures...

Nick's 60

Homework Page 2 011_sm.jpg

In the Crack

Homework Page 2 034_sm.jpg

Newest Member on the Trail - Ryan

Homework Page 2 046_sm.jpg

Homework Page 2 011_sm.jpg

Homework Page 2 034_sm.jpg

Homework Page 2 046_sm.jpg

Here's More....

He Wishes He Had a Land Cruiser....

Homework Page 2 051_sm.jpg

Swarming Trucks

Homework Page 2 053_sm.jpg

Final Meeting on the Trail

Homework Page 2 063_sm.jpg

Homework Page 2 051_sm.jpg

Homework Page 2 053_sm.jpg

Homework Page 2 063_sm.jpg

CSC "Trail Swag"

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

I must have camped in the wrong spot. The six year old and I had a great time anyway.

PS. It was pointed out to me that the CSC beverage holders should be called a "Cruisee"instead of a "Koozie"

Great pics and awsome turnout.:cool:

Great looking trip, the gila monster looks very healthy.

It was the largest one I had ever seen and the first one my wife and daughter have ever seen in the wild! Much larger more mobile and much more vibrant!

DSC_6658.jpg

DSC_6662.jpg

DSC_6664.jpg

DSC_6665.jpg

DSC_6667.jpg

Why didn't you grab him! He would make a great CSC Club Mascot!

My 1st time to Chiva Falls for me:cool:

Great trail with some very challenging options available. Can be 100% stocker friendly if you know the route. Big turn out and splitting into 2 groups make is work well.

Camping on top of Mt Lemmon was nice and cool ~50° with little to no rain:frown: Steve (Stepmurr) carries more (good) stuff then any 80 and still sleeps in his 40:clap:

Made a run up to Rice peak:cool: on the way down the Mt Lemmon. Very scenic trail that is step, loose, and not stocker friendly but can be done without lockers. If you dont like narrow shelf roads bypass this trail.

IMG_6516.jpg

IMG_6520.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6530.jpg

For some reason i cant post any pictures..same as why i cant post anymore foor the august meeting. I sent admiinistrator the issue last week but nothing...something about security or token expired...any help with this would be appreciated...got tons of pictures

For some reason i cant post any pictures..same as why i cant post anymore foor the august meeting. I sent admiinistrator the issue last week but nothing...something about security or token expired...any help with this would be appreciated...got tons of pictures

email the picture to me

I have found the same issue, but if you resize to roughly 1500x1100 pixels, then they seem to download ok.

If they are jpeg you shouldn't have an issue regardless of size.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom