My wife stole my truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We walked out of the restaurant, she hopped in the driver seat and that's that. On the drive home she decided to take a very rural road (think a poorly maintained tractor path) that has a fairly deep water hole as it goes under a bridge. I wish I could have gotten a picture of her laughing as she went through the water. She has taken quite a liking to the truck since it got new tires and the trans fluid leak is fixed.
null_zpsd745bdf7.jpg

Not sure how its tech related but getting a spouse into a "guys" hobby can be difficult. Having her onboard with the truck makes tech projects much easier :flipoff2:

I think the funniest part is that she is 5' tall.

Very valid point sir!

:frown:..... :flipoff2:

Guess you need to find another 80 :grinpimp:

That is great! I think on some level we all want this :) Let her drive when ever she wants, and then the next time you need to get upgrades it will be because she wants them. haha.

Wrong. So very, very wrong. :)

She will know exactly that that "upgrade" is really just your BS (and that you probably read about it on Pirate...), because, you know, the truck did very well when she drove it, and if it doesn't do so well when you drive it, or God forbid you get it stuck, it's very clear that this doesn't mean that the truck needs those Marlin gears, or bigger tires, or what not. It'll mean that "you can't drive", and that's that. Game over. :grinpimp:

Careful what you wish for. Your best bet is to get 'her' to get the truck stuck. Then it'll need to get upgraded, naturally...

And I write this from, oh, about a dozen years of experience :)

P.S. And I wouldn't trade any of these years, trail rides, and snide remarks for anything... :grinpimp:

or, she could just go buy one by herself :flamingo: which you happen to like so much you washed it already after having driven it for just about 4 days :flipoff2:

or, she could just go buy one by herself :flamingo: which you happen to like so much you washed it already after having driven it for just about 4 days :flipoff2:

Do not distract from this existential topic with immaterial details...:flipoff2:

My wife has done this with two of my rigs now! She hates them at first, then after driving them for a week or two and towering above the other traffic she refuses to let go of the keys. I had to steal them back while she was sleeping and buy her a new SUV!

Just give it a little time, she's already got the bug. The addiction will manifest itself with subtle ecouragement and enabling.

Last edited:
My mom is the one who takes my Cruiser out sometimes :crybaby:...
she always brings it home dirty, with dog hair in it and alot of trash in the inside :frown:, hope your wife doesnt do the same stuff haha

My SO has been switching between my 944 and the 1991 LC because the motor in her car is toast.

Much to my surprise she makes comments on how the LC is a speed demon. On several occasions I've had to tell her to watch her speed when riding with her, and she says it's hard to. "The thing just goes! You drive it on the highway and look down and your going 80!" LOL.

It does run very well, but I expected her to make similar comments about the 944, not the LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom