Tall Corn Cruisers-Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brent, Put me down for a xxl sweatshirt please.

I live on the NW by Ellis Park (down the street from the Eagles Club) in my childhood home. My mom died in Sept and I decided to completely gut and renovate the house and move my family in. Because of this I haven't gotten a job but am looking hard. I'm a roof consultant by trade and have 11 years experience in commercial construction (on the management side).

I lived in Indianapolis and Dallas and belonged to both of those clubs and had a great time with all of those guys. I look forward to getting out and wheeling, Iowa style.

I haven't checked but is 600 Acres (the Coralville Reservoir over flow area) still open for wheeling? I used to take my '99 Tacoma down there right after I bought it in '99 and try to break it!

Talk to you all soon.

Jeff

Sorry for your loss.

I will have to keep my eye open for you. I come into town on the river road from Covington alot.

600 acers is only for the ATV type now. We go to www.miobi.org 's place for our event and other events they have.

Hey everyone...name is Nathan and I live in Urbandale...just got my FJ a couple of months ago and can't wait to get out and see what it can do. I've never been off roading before and I'm excited to join a group that I can learn from and have some fun at the same time.
Jan 2011 027.jpg

Welcome, See you at the next meeting. You will enjoy your FJC off road.

thanks Larry. My wife says I'm not allowed to talk with you about what I need to do with my truck...apparently she's worried I'll spend money. Let me know when everyone plans on going out some time and I'll join to at least watch.

Ha-Ha. I may have spoiled it for you. There are trails at MIOBI that are pretty mild for a start. I think Memorial Day Weekend is the first outing around here. If you would rather I would let you take mine for a spin as it is already scratched up, etc. -Larry

nah...i'm going to drive mine...that's why I bought it...but I will take you up on any advice you can give. For example, what should my initial investments be? armor? if so, from where?

I would think about after market rear lower links. Probably the weakest thing on the truck, and if you break one on the trail you will go nowhere. I think the rock rails with kick-outs can save rear fender area. I have caved in both sides on mine, anyway. Mud and trees will gang up on anyone. Maybe we can talk someday.-Larry

Reviving an ancient thread here... Names Kendall, Randy5.0 introduced me to your site here... Here is my rig, looking forward to gettin to know you all.

a0782e7a.jpg

Dear All,

I just moved back to the Iowa City area for school. I grew up in Coralville but spent the last couple of years in Atlanta GA. Oct. 2010 I got my first FJ40. Here is the story/pics of the work I have done on it so far.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/421714-first-fj40-build-up-thread.html

I think my carb needs to be redone too. Anyone know a local place that has experience with FJ40 carb rebuilds?

Looking forward to meeting local 40 fans in the area and joining up with your group. I am always down for a beer and learning more about these awesome trucks!

Cheers,
Jon

That is a good looking 40 you have there! We will be having another meeting to get the Tall Corn Classic hashed out in the spring, show up for meet and greet.

With the weather like it is we can drive them to a local bar and have some beers and burgers over the holidays.

Until then you have found the best website to find out all about these awesome vehicles.

Hey there. i picked up an 08 Brick FJ back in October and really looked to get involved with the group. It is still pretty well stock except for the factory sliders that were already on it. I then put a drop in K&N filter in and scangauge 2. Currently I am looking at lifts and plan on pulling the trigger soon. So who wants to help with install?

Gered

Where are you located?

Webster City about an hour north of Des Moines

Oh and some boring stock pictures!

The day it came home
333742_647275514594_207303904_33434764_1118552507_o.jpg

Up in Michigan with a little snow coming down
330425_648623313594_207303904_33442952_1856146542_o.jpg

Hello, everyone I'm Jason I am in Ames. Just got my 100 Series on Saturday and want to get it a little dirty. Want information on TCCC anything will do.

Good morning everyone! I just joined here to post about my girlfriend's ride. She got an '08 Brick FJ that looks like it may have belonged to one of you guys in the past. It has black ARB bumpers front and rear, driving lights, and a wench on the front. I'm hoping it works out to come down for the Tall Corn this year and have some fun! Bad part is that it's got highway tires on it (yuck). Oh well, gotta start somewhere I guess!

Hello

Hello all, I'm Jay. Live in East Dubuque but work in Dubuque and originally from DBQ. Just picked up a 2012 FJC last week. Completely stock for now but the mods will come slowly and hopefully by next summer I can get it ready to meet the tech requirements for a cruise weekend. I see potential :), wife see's money pit:doh:.

IMG_20130807_201416.jpg

Good morning everyone! I just joined here to post about my girlfriend's ride. She got an '08 Brick FJ that looks like it may have belonged to one of you guys in the past. It has black ARB bumpers front and rear, driving lights, and a wench on the front. I'm hoping it works out to come down for the Tall Corn this year and have some fun! Bad part is that it's got highway tires on it (yuck). Oh well, gotta start somewhere I guess!

Hello all, I'm Jay. Live in East Dubuque but work in Dubuque and originally from DBQ. Just picked up a 2012 FJC last week. Completely stock for now but the mods will come slowly and hopefully by next summer I can get it ready to meet the tech requirements for a cruise weekend. I see potential :), wife see's money pit:doh:.

Welcome! Hope to see you at Tall Corn next weekend or at our Annual meeting in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom