Problems with Manafre? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently ordered a waterpump from Manafre for my FJ80. They list them as "OEM quality at an aftermarket price" and state that they are made in Japan. I called customer service to confirm that they are Aisin pumps and to make sure they come with a gasket. I was told yes on both.

Got the package yesterday, they sent me a made in China GMB pump! WTF? I could have bought one of those locally for $50.....Manafre charged me $120 for this one shipped......

This is my first time dealing with them, needless to say I'm not very impressed......

Cdan is your friend:grinpimp:

Yeah, Cdan was my first choice by far, but he was out of town for a week 10 days and I got offered a chance to go on a nice trip/expedition in Eastern Oregon with some friends and so I needed the pump replaced ASAP.....live and learn I guess....

Cdan is your friend:grinpimp:

Is returning it an option? Then picking an OEM WP from CDan or Onur?

Oh, I'm returning it all right...and they had better pay postage both ways!

Cdan is the best choice. I tried Manafre ONCE - bad experience.

Man-A-Fre is a bunch of idiots. Last time I bought from them was when I was in need of engines pistons in 1995 from my FJ40. They sent me pistons for I don't know what and were no where close to what I needed. This was before the internet and was like pulling teeth to get a refund. Them and SOR I stay far from.

Yeah, unfortunately that's for a '96, I have a '91.

Anybody got a good source for an Aisin waterpump for a '91? Does Cdan only sell OEM stuff, or can he get Aisin without the Toyota badging?

CDan only does OEM. He cannot get an Aisin not in a Toyota box.

These threads always remind me of why I just pay a few extra bucks and get exactly what I want and what Mr. T intended for our epic vehicles.

And having experience talking to an expert like CDan is worth those extra few bucks.

Just saying.

:meh:

A lot of those in small towns have trouble getting OEM Toyota Parts unless they have the part number.
We have a NAPA, O'Reilly, Autozone and Carquest but no Toyota dealer for 80 miles. The Toyota dealers closest almost never have parts for a 40 or 60 in stock and take longer to get them than if you can find the Aisin, Matsuba NGK, etc through a chain. I've found that Beck Arnley parts for Toyota, Suzuki Nissan are very frequently OEM manufacturer. I ordered rear axle bearings and got Koyo. Alternator was Nippondenso. Clutch was Aisin
It may not always be the case so you need to double check. I have had a lot of problems with phone orders from Toyota parts depts just like with every other parts place. It's hard to expect a 25 y/o kid at the counter to know the subtle nuances of a 20~50 y/o truck.

Read what I wrote above.

^^^X2. I have had repeated excellent results from Beno (Onur), CDan, and Sam Stewart, and they are even available by phone in small towns...

So here is a question for anyone who has ordered from ManAFre lately, did you find their shipping costs unreasonable?
I was putting together an order that would easily fit in a USPS large flat rate with room to spare and they computed the shipping at $85 Priority Mail. That is well over one fourth the cost of the order. I plan on calling before I place the order to find out if that is actual shipping or what the story is.

Typical for what i have experienced but on the other hand thanks for bring back a 8 year old thread with a different issue. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom