*******August Wheeling Trip (aka, Over The Mountain Tour)******* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Wheeling in August is going to be a revival of our signature event in the days before we managed GSMTR...
Over The Mountain Tour

We're going to hold it at Golden Mtn Park August 16th-18th (Friday-Sunday)

We'll have the Club trailer (in some roadworthy form) with the Club's canopy and camp kitchen setup. UC has reserved pavilion #3 from the park that has lights, power and water as well.

Camping will be free to anyone who attends and stays near our pavilion. The only thing you have to cover is your own trail fees. $20/driver + $5/passenger.

ACC Toyota and Southeast Overland are participating sponsors of the event. ACC Toyota is going to give away one-of-kind shirts for this event and Southeast Overland will have swag including stickers, koozies and bottle openers. Lance at Iron Pig Off Road has told me they plan on sending down an emissary with some of their goodies too. And possibly some swag from Lowe Toyota - thanks Sam!

Friday night, Marshall (and other UC members) will fire up the grill and cook up some fine roast beasts. Attendees are encouraged to bring/prepare a side dish for Friday night.

Then Saturday ACC & SEO are doing a big cookout...Burgers, Hot dogs, Slaw, Potato salad, etc...

We'll be keeping a roster of attendees on this first post, so let us know if you are coming - it helps with logistics on our end. Also post up what you're bringing to the potluck dinner Friday night.

Going (38-40)
Marshall + 1 dog BBQ
Rick & Kitty bringing pork tenderloin + okra
Chuck
John Lee
[STRIKE]David C + 4 + 1 dog[/STRIKE]
Lenny +2ish
Kajun
ACC Crew (4-5)
Southeast Overland Crew (2-3)
[STRIKE]IPOR Crew (1 or more)[/STRIKE]
Sam Stewart +1 bringing NOT corn casserole + dessert
Matthew D. +1 bringing mystery dish #1
[STRIKE]Onur (beno) [/STRIKE]
Patrick bringing cupboard leftovers?!
Ankur + dog
Matthew & Erin bringing side + dessert
Daniel Waters +3 bringing Conecuh sausages
[STRIKE]DanKunz +2-4 bringing pastry dessert[/STRIKE]
Steve M.
Asher (KingKong)
woody

- strong maybes (4) -
- Will
- Ryan
- Matt+1

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to it. Most likely I'm bringing both my two girls and at least one dog.

you sir are hardcore :beer:

Really wish I could make this one cause it sounds awesome, but I will just be coming off two weeks of vacation :crybaby:

I'm planning to be there and to bring the wife, 3 kiddos, and maybe the pooch. Now to get the PS fixed and address a few other things between now and then. Can't wait :steer:

I'm a maybe for this year. Next year instead of a thrown together July trip, I will just plan to attend with you fine gentlemen (and ladies). :cheers:

Sent from another Galaxy

I'm a maybe for this year. Next year instead of a thrown together July trip, I will just plan to attend with you fine gentlemen (and ladies). :cheers:

Sent from another Galaxy

We would be honored to have you grace us with your presence. Bring Josh as well I have some new coffee I want him to try.

This is turning out to be the frugal-wheeler's special...two free dinners, free camping and some cool swag!

You absolutely can't beat this!

$20/day to wheel this kind of stuff.

GSMTR12%2520%2528143%2529.JPG

We would be honored to have you grace us with your presence. Bring Josh as well I have some new coffee I want him to try.

Haha. Yeah. Make it a double.

Sent from another Galaxy

Last edited:
This is turning out to be the frugal-wheeler's special...two free dinners, free camping and some cool swag!

You absolutely can't beat this!

$20/day to wheel this kind of stuff.

Might send some Lowe swag as well... :hmm:

Sent from another Galaxy

I'm in as long as work does not force me to go in. Probably +2ish.

-Lenny

Woot!

Anybody wanna caravan from upstate SC?

I am planning on making this one!
Not sure on extra people yet, but might be a friend from Gastonia area or we might take the family since everyone else seems to be. I'm up for a caravan depending on who comes with me.

Things keep getting planned when I have stuff to do. I'll be back in CLT that weekend. Look for the black ford fusion with a UC sticker waving at you from east bound I40.

Last edited:
Aug, humm

Will check the schedule ,but this may be possible. So put me down for a definate maybe. Or in other words who the heck knows but I hope to make it.:)

Depending on sport scheduled I may come with the boys. Have to see.

Put me down as a strong maybe. Can't get enough of GMP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom