Tech Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes, it's a one-piece steering column/steering box part - to rebuild the box, you have to remove the entire part

what are you trying to accomplish ? I have rebuilt early steering boxes three times by now . . .

it's all simple mechanics, really not rocket science - not sure what there is to rebuild on the pitman arm ? - the tie rods ends are worth replacing on an old truck if they are loose - the best supplier is Kurt at cruiseroutfitters.com http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/ (this is a clickable link) - he's a good guy and well-known vendor here on MUD, with good prices; ships fast, too - give him a call, he's a very good resource of knowledge, too

Hay i got confused it's the drag link rebulid kit that i have along with a rebuilt steering box.
I am hopeing to get rid of the extra play in the steering. From the look of things it should be
fairly stright forward job the job thats got me concerned is the front brakes.i have everything thing to do the job but i need to do some reading on how to adjust the new wheel cylinders

Hay i got confused it's the drag link rebulid kit that i have along with a rebuilt steering box.
I am hopeing to get rid of the extra play in the steering. From the look of things it should be
fairly stright forward job the job thats got me concerned is the front brakes.i have everything thing to do the job but i need to do some reading on how to adjust the new wheel cylinders

play in the steering - ordered by ease of doing for a lone wrencher:

go to narrower tires - 12.5s have a tendency to wander more than 10.5s

make sure all tie rod ends are tight

eliminate slop from the other links, and from the steering box - by removing shims from it

adjust caster angle

as far as the brakes: I know nothing about drum brakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom