What did you do to your pig today? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

add a click of tension to each star wheel adjusters on the rear wheel cylinders. there should be drag-it seems like more than you would expect, the brakes will center themselves and wear in to be "adjusted" after a few trips around the block and a few cycles of the system.....

Thanks LAMBCRUSHER. I need to have them drag a bit more... The passenger rear, I think has the required drag, will adjust the other 3 this weekend. My boy want s a road trip NOW.... lol. I reminded him that this little piggy needs some work and small steps are required... We'll drive it to the gas station first... :D

Went wheeling...

Last weekend, with the Book Cliff Cruisers on the Kokopelli Trail.

Kokopelli Trip 004.jpg

D7K_8755-L.jpg

Kokopelli%20Trip%20056.jpg

Pighead had been getting some complaints from the passenger seat area about how hard it was to roll the passenger front window up & down. Sometime it would seem to get stuck, had to reverse direction with the handle to un-stick it, then it would work. So I took it apart. There's some kind of round spring inside where the handle slips on, a bit of that spring was sticking out of the round housing and getting itself stuck between the gears. No idea what that spring was originally supposed to do, but it was in the way now. So I cut off the offending quarter inch or so and put it back together. Works fine now.
Pulled 2 bags of tire chains out of the backseat area...don't think I need to carry them around and that's about 200 pounds weight savings.
Somebody had also been complaining about TWRECKS dropping oil on her driveway, and suggesting that perhaps the rear output seal on the T/C needed changing...so I dropped the skidplate (another 200 pound weight savings).
Noticed that the throw-out bearing play was a little much, so snugged that up.
Plan is to pressure wash the underside and see where the oil is really coming from...couldn't be the T/C, I got the Mudrak double-seal there.

idler shaft Orings...shift fork shaft Orings....speedo gear Oring. I'm going to fix mine with a splitcase:hillbilly: picked it up yesterday at mine own private central cal swap meet on my luch break- THANX GEORGE!!!.....married to a short late H42....a lttl sumpin for the fresh 2F. for those of you who don't know, the splitcase is a DREAM to work on compared to One Piece. totally rebuild em frumunda without a third of the headache....and they're quiet, and don't have that pesky ebrake drum(which is a downside to those without axle ebrakes:doh:) I'm not gunna be allowed to stay in this subsection much longer, am I?:hillbilly:

Pighead had been getting some complaints from the passenger seat area about how hard it was to roll the passenger front window up & down. Sometime it would seem to get stuck, had to reverse direction with the handle to un-stick it, then it would work. So I took it apart. There's some kind of round spring inside where the handle slips on, a bit of that spring was sticking out of the round housing and getting itself stuck between the gears. No idea what that spring was originally supposed to do, but it was in the way now. So I cut off the offending quarter inch or so and put it back together. Works fine now.
Pulled 2 bags of tire chains out of the backseat area...don't think I need to carry them around and that's about 200 pounds weight savings.
Somebody had also been complaining about TWRECKS dropping oil on her driveway, and suggesting that perhaps the rear output seal on the T/C needed changing...so I dropped the skidplate (another 200 pound weight savings).
Noticed that the throw-out bearing play was a little much, so snugged that up.
Plan is to pressure wash the underside and see where the oil is really coming from...couldn't be the T/C, I got the Mudrak double-seal there.

Sounds like a lot of complaining going on over there :D

Hey Lambcrusher,

They're letting me stay, so you're safe. At least you still have a toyota engine.

:hillbilly:a guy asked me what year it was...I said it's a 73 77 86 94 55, but all toyota stock....gunna hafto add 84 in there now:lol:

Removed two lbs of rust and bought all of the metic stainless bolts my local shop had to offer.

Hung an air tank underneath...

tank 001.jpg

tank 002.jpg

Hung an air tank underneath...

Hey Pighead,

Tell us some more on that air tank. I know you have a York, but does the tank supply air lockers, air hose, etc. and how many gallons is it.

I've been looking at some different ones for my lockers, but I'm buying the Puma electric pump, no room for the York.

Thanks, Ron

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom