Owners post here...... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ45s

Tan '65 just before I received it. Currently being restored and soon up for 'adoption'.
Red '66 just after I received it and have started restoration on it.

Back in the old west days a .45 was a requirement for survival...still true today!
They keep my '80 FJ40 company
DSCF1788.jpg
FJ45.jpg

I have a FJ45 the title says 79 but people tell me it's not. They say it's not because the bezel is round and not square, also the fuel tank is under the drivers seat. The truck is from AU and it's right hand drive. VIN 236318. I see from others posts that the title date may be from when it was sold and not the production date. So how do I verify the year? I don't want to order the wrong parts when the time comes.
image-3912917908.jpg
image-201678816.jpg

Last edited:
Fast Eddy, I meant to send the reply to you, but posted it for all.....sorry.
Sorry I didn't back to you sooner (Rookie, didn't even know I got a message). It probably is the same one. I bought it from a guy named Willie in San Jose who was moving to Brazil. He owned it for 17 yrs. and had the top off the entire time. He was an old surfer, believe he painted it with house paint . Willie bought it from a guy that was in that same area who apparently had it on his ranch in Montana for lots of years. I've been doing restoration on it and you would not hardly recognize it. It now has regular-pickup size tires and white spoke wheels (ones that came on it were transfered to my red '66 FJ45, along with the brush guard). First step was to remove the old paint, straighten out the dents and apply Z-Chrome rust defender. It is being painted a light desert tan with matching Raptor lining in the bed & cab floor. With the exception of the dents and just being ****-filty, it is a very solid truck. Stock 6-cyl runs great! My initial plans were to keep it until I bought the red '66. Can't keep 'em all (no room), so the '65 will be up for sale in about 8-12 days. Thanks & Hooah, Major Don

What it now looks like!

In my earlier post it shows my two FJ45s red & tan). The '65 tan one received a serious make-over. Here is the final results. :steer:
DSCF1979.jpg
DSCF1970.jpg

My own FJ45

042611030440xeytgw6lrub7.jpg

022212200223uuq29ynrl5r0oumpo78b.jpg

img

img

img

m5zn_92ff543f90f691f.jpg

m5zn_418c147144ed8d5.jpg

This is mine
FJ45 , pickup 1980
2F engine + H55 transmission
It was owned by my grandfather since 1980
and he gave it to me 10 years ago ~

EmptyName_90.jpg
EmptyName_171.jpg
EmptyName_147.jpg
EmptyName_11 (3).jpg
From Down Under NSW - now in Idaho a 1982 FJ45 all stock OZ ground up restoration.
Updated July 2014 -Now its done with rear window slider and other mods.
Now to do what it does best with it's little friend the trailer.
Set up to sleep two on platform retrieved from trailer (trailer cover top) for the LWB.
Compete underside is setup to eliminate sparks and fires as per USFS.
Trailer carries most all equipment and supplies for one or two weeks.
All truck LED lighting and outer solar lights for night work.
SW handheld radio, two spare tires, and camouflage shade net for camp cover.

:bounce::steer: Have fun

Last edited:
New to me 66 FJ5LV

Well I have been trolling for an LV for a while now. I have gotten many leads from mudders that have been much appreciated. One of these finally paid off. Josh Vanderford made it known that a friend of his had one for sale - I spotted it on Josh's website. Josh was kind enough to put me in touch with the seller and we were able to make a deal. It arrived at my house yesterday!

While the truck is not in as good condition as I had hoped I believe it will be serviceable as a weekend driver once I take care of some safety/maintenance issues. (some significant enough that it can't be driven on the street quite yet). Someday it will get lots of attention and probably some upgrades.

Currently it is sporting a Chevy straight 6... otherwise it it pretty much stock/used, very used. I will be assessing the true state of the body and frame over then next few weeks - it looks great from 10 feet but the truth remains to be seen.
I'll be starting a dedicated thread at some point but I wanted to introduce myself here on the LV owners list first.

mark

IMG_20130418_150013_246.jpg

WOW! That things a beast. I love the light on the drivers side post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom