LC200 Factory Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the Middle East, the gulf region in specific, the lc200 GX-R trim and lower trims can be purchesed with a factory winch, same as mine.

you can see the front cover on the bumper...
9ec27ebd.jpg

after u remove the cover
CIMG3755.jpg

the controler, locking key, bag, and cover
CIMG3766.jpg

the winich is ready :hmm:
CIMG3767.jpg

warning sign
CIMG3764.jpg

CIMG3765.jpg

a whole pic of the car front.
CIMG3768.jpg

What a clean integration .... I like it!

By any chance synthetic line and Hawes fairlead available as an option?

What a clean integration .... I like it!

By any chance synthetic line and Hawes fairlead available as an option?
No reason why you couldn't add it.

Anybody know how to get one and all the parts - or who to contact? Can't find anyone via web search.

Looks like maybe the bumper cover is also a bit different than stock and am assuming the solid bumper mounting bar behind is a bit different than standard too.

Anybody know how to get one and all the parts - or who to contact? Can't find anyone via web search.

Looks like maybe the bumper cover is also a bit different than stock and am assuming the solid bumper mounting bar behind is a bit different than standard too.

Get a factory winch? Why not just go aftermarket? None of these parts will be available in the US so best of luck!

My opinion is if you need a winch, you need bumpers as well. If you're going places that you need to be winched out from, I'm amazed any of you still have body panels!

awesome .. ! just the same winch and control as usual .. still 8K pounds rated .. weird for 200 series and it's heavy ass ..

On reflection thats probably true JB. God knows my truck has been in the wars a bit lately. My reluctance to 'bar up' I suppose has been driven by the degradation in resale value of a modified cruiser down here - but I suppose kicking the bejasus out of the body panels hardly helps either. Got some sliders on the way from Christo and I guess maybe I'd better get on with it and order a Sahara bar while I'm in the mood. (Don't like the deluxe bar)

On reflection thats probably true JB. God knows my truck has been in the wars a bit lately. My reluctance to 'bar up' I suppose has been driven by the degradation in resale value of a modified cruiser down here - but I suppose kicking the bejasus out of the body panels hardly helps either. Got some sliders on the way from Christo and I guess maybe I'd better get on with it and order a Sahara bar while I'm in the mood. (Don't like the deluxe bar)

You shouldn't care about resale value as that only applies when you are selling a vehicle...but you'd never sell your's because it's a LandCruiser :D

couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the pics... :popcorn:

...but i think is not a good winch for a heavy truck!!! :doh:

I actually have 5 OEM winches (Denso) - but like it was said above its better to just buy an aftermarket WARN or something like that. To give you an idea if you have to replace the remote alone you are looking at a couple hundred $ (if i remember its like $400-600) not including the winch itself.

And you can see from the pictures its really not rated high. Its never meant for HD work.

The weigh a ton each though so shipping cost would be almost the same as a new local purchase.

TLC_winch.jpg

I actually have 5 OEM winches (Denso) - but like it was said above its better to just buy an aftermarket WARN or something like that. To give you an idea if you have to replace the remote alone you are looking at a couple hundred $ (if i remember its like $400-600) not including the winch itself.

And you can see from the pictures its really not rated high. Its never meant for HD work.

The weigh a ton each though so shipping cost would be almost the same as a new local purchase.

TLC_winch.jpg

Is the OEM winch hydraulic or electric??? I thought it was electric until I saw that photo.

TLC_winch.jpg

Hi Xkennex, ALL
What's your experience with fitting these OEM winches with aftermarket bumpers e.g. ARB/TJM/ICON etc. I got a reply from TJM-UAE that ,"TJM bumper has inside winch bracket, which will go on the same place, where OEM winch is installed now and the bumper is attaching to this bracket! And OEM winch cannot be fitted to any aftermarket bumpers as it is designed to fit Toyota own bracket!" ... :bang: .....
this is really a bugger for me as I was hoping to replace my front bumper.

w.r.t OEM Winch Power : It's holding up pretty good so far !!

Hi Xkennex, ALL
What's your experience with fitting these OEM winches with aftermarket bumpers

You will have to drill new holes on the plate as the OEM winch and aftermarket winches (which has pretty much a standard location) are different.

You can take off the old bumper plastic, then the OEM winch. Lay the OEM winch on an A3 paper and trace out the old hole pattern. Once you have that marked on the paper you can take that to the ARB/TJM show and confirm. You will have to double check the width and height as the OEM one is somewhat larger then your avg 9500lb winch.

Once you find a bumper you like and has the spacing - have the workshop pre-drill you new holes on the winch bracket using the A3 paper you made earlier.

You will have to drill new holes on the plate as the OEM winch and aftermarket winches (which has pretty much a standard location) are different.

You can take off the old bumper plastic, then the OEM winch. Lay the OEM winch on an A3 paper and trace out the old hole pattern. Once you have that marked on the paper you can take that to the ARB/TJM show and confirm. You will have to double check the width and height as the OEM one is somewhat larger then your avg 9500lb winch.

Once you find a bumper you like and has the spacing - have the workshop pre-drill you new holes on the winch bracket using the A3 paper you made earlier.

Great help xkennex ! Thanks - ill try to get OEM detailed dimensions (maybe saillaw can help here.. he has his OEM winch sunbathing these days :) ) and send them over to TJM to check compatibility /

many use this factory winch in sand stuck so you don't really rip up the bumpers that much. also keeping it factory makes it easier to "Blend in" and also in many parts of the world it hard to get work done outside of a factory dealership and then if it is modded and not by the dealership; the dealerships won't touch your car.

many use this factory winch in sand stuck so you don't really rip up the bumpers that much. also keeping it factory makes it easier to "Blend in" and also in many parts of the world it hard to get work done outside of a factory dealership and then if it is modded and not by the dealership; the dealerships won't touch your car.

Here - especially in the GCC. Dealerships order deleted spec TLC's and have the accessories installed at local shops. Good example is Al Futaim (UAE) they have the trucks modified by Artic Trucks to create the TLC200 Xtreme. World Auto (Another UAE) uses Dynatrade to do their own version of the GXR (locally installed items to make it "almost" a VXR minus the KDSS system)

My problem with the Denso winch is the price if anything goes wrong. The remote alone will almost cost you the same price as a WARN winch. And the damn thing weighs a TON! I was planning to install 2 of them on my jeep (1 front/1 rear) but caused my jeep to drop an 1 and when i hit the brakes it would bounch up and down. Front leaf springs FTL!

Bump. I'm looking for some help here gents as I'm striking out on my end.

A friend here in SLC is looking at the potential to retrofit the OE electric winch to his US spec 200 Series. At this point I'd be happy with a parts diagram, list of required parts, part numbers, etc, obviously the more the better. I don't know if it is going to be a feasible project dollar-wise or if there are some major frame differences on the US spec truck that would prevent the conversion. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Frame itself is going to be different Kurt.

There are 3-4 additional crossmember/support style parts that are not available separately from the frame that would either have to be procured by buying the frame and doing a body swap or being fabricated.

The bumper cover itself is different and how it mounts is slightly different as well. The bumper would have to be modified to accept the winch behind it and allow for the "through" section.

Then the winch assy is stupid expensive as well as the controller.

But I am assuming the friend has the financial means to take care of small issues like this. :)

Looks like "xkennx" above would be a good contact since he has them!

All the part numbers are are in toyodiy if you set the parameters to a GRJ200, GCC spec, and 5spd manual tranny. Winch will be in the powertrain/chassis section. I do not know the accuracy of the part numbers as they are non-US part numbers. A parts guy in GCC would have to assist on that.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom