TLCA Raffle Truck - Parts Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
7/3/13

Mark's Off Road has donated a 77 FJ40 to the TLCA for use as a funds raiser for TLCA. The Capital Land Cruiser Club will rebuild this truck into a safe street legal and trail capable truck that can be driven to the trails on the highway and wheeled in a responsible manner. We are not doing a vintage restoration, nor will we build an FJ40 Buggy. We will work to retain as much of the original FJ40 as is feasible based on the support we get from the rest of the Land Cruiser community, however we may use components from other vintages or even series of Toyota 4WD trucks if needed. Our goal is to build and raffle a truck that every one of us would be proud to own.

We are very dependent on the generosity of Cruiserheads and associated vendors for the donation of parts, accessories, and operating funds to purchase paint, fluids, service items and supplies as well as cover miscellaneous expenses related to building and promoting the Raffle Truck.

If you can help us with a part, accessory or funds donation, please send me a PM.

The following is a current list of missing or damaged parts that need to be replaced. This list will be updated regularly so please check back frequently.

U P D A T E D 7/3/13
• Spare tire carrier catch and cushions (SOR parts 3, 38 & 5 on page 142)
• Hood hinge pads and bushings
• '77 speedo cable
• 5mm X 100mm kick vent hinge pin (need only one)

Accessories
• Bracket to mount Kidde fire extinguisher 3-1/4" 3lb. unit

Last edited:
Pictures from the build.

Stripped to the chassis.
100_4223.jpg

And to the bare metal.
100_4501.jpg

Bedliner to the bottom of the body tub
coating8.jpg

Fresh paint on the tub.
dash2infreshpaintOCT12.jpg

Body tub going back in garage to mount on chassis
100_5027_zps275cb686.jpg

Almost there! It's getting close now.
100_5106_zpse045fc94.jpg

Last edited:
What I have to send. The windshield pads are not new. The rest of the rubber is. Have brake switch, windshield wiper assembly also have a couple jack rod mounts if you want them. Give me an address where I can send it.

image-2888311407.jpg

JohnB will be sending us a carb fan and controller tomorrow! Thanks again!!

I also have:

Windshield glass
Brake light switch

Last edited:
TORNADO ALLEY CRUISERS has a package on the way containing:

....new turn lights, one rear light cover, dash plate, radio (needs knobs from radio shack), cig lighter/power port, and a voltage regulator.

CLCCver3.jpg

Last edited:
JohnB will be sending us a carb fan and controller tomorrow! Thanks again!!

I also have:

Windshield glass
Brake light switch

JohnB is also sending a coolant overflow/windshield washer bottle!

Has anyone started receiving parts yet ?

Ive got the carb fan and the washer/ coolant bottle and the 4 speed shift indicator for the shifter from JohnB. All in great condition. Washer/coolant bottle have the mounting bracket as well. Bringin them sunday with some other stuff.

nothing from CCOT yet

That's a good start, anybody else ?

I just got home and have a package waiting for me from Lenexa, KS! I've not opened it yet; will report back later...working on the final draft submission to Toyota Trails due today.

Here's the contents of the package from TORNADO ALLEY CRUISERS: two front turn indicators (complete assemblies), a cigarette lighter/power socket, a shift pattern plate for the glovebox door, a voltage regulator, a tail-light lens, and an original AM-FM radio.

This is a big deal! Thank you TORNADO ALLEY CRUISERS ! ! !

100_5109_zpsa64de660.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice box, if anyone has any 400 grit wet/dry sand paper please bring that on Sunday also, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom