Landtank MAF. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM sent. I am interested in MAF housing and sensor.

I would like a housing please.....thanx.

I just wanted to follow up, so that no one thinks I flaked. I did dyno the before and after with the only change being the MAF Housing and brand new Toyota OEM sensor. My results were not favorable, and I am going to redyno. I would like to see someone else also do a back to back test so that the results are verified. I don't want to polute this thread and I don't really want to start a thread about it directly if you want to see the dyno graph you can PM me your email address...

PS I wouldn't muddy a vendor sales thread but this is in the technical section so I hope it stays.

Ryan

Did you allow enough drive time to get the ECU to relearn the new sensor? Mine didn't drive great right away. It took over 20 miles.

I took it for a 30 min drive, came back and let it idle for 10 min as we strapped it to the dyno. I have left it on (against the recommendation of the shop) for a week, and am going to try and go back and get one last dyno since everyone says it takes anywhere from 20min to 3 days to relearn. In the last week I haven't felt it running noticeably better.

Did you allow enough drive time to get the ECU to relearn the new sensor? Mine didn't drive great right away. It took over 20 miles.

I took it for a 30 min drive, came back and let it idle for 10 min as we strapped it to the dyno. I have left it on (against the recommendation of the shop) for a week, and am going to try and go back and get one last dyno since everyone says it takes anywhere from 20min to 3 days to relearn. In the last week I haven't felt it running noticeably better.

Subscribed! Anxious to hear your 2nd dyno results:cheers:

NLXTACY what were your dyno results?

I didn't dyno it when I did this mod. I will be doing the dyno runs right before the final install of my SC then again with the 2.8 pulley, they again when LANDTANK's IC goes on.

I too thought long about this mod for my rig. It was lack of actual verifiable results that kept me from moving forward, although the butt dyno group sure kept my whistle wet.

Looking forward to the results.

Buck

The results of Scottryana are not what I would expect. I've asked that he send me his housing and sensor to evaluate as his results are not what I've seen in the past or indicative of those who have done so in the past.

I take all responses seriously and to date have identified all issues causing a problem which is usually a bad sensor or a problem with the truck..

I've tested and logged data personally concerning his issue and have seen no negative results.

Without his mod and sensor in hand I'm at a loss.
''

Rick,

I want to dot my I's and cross my T's, and make sure I have done my due diligence, by dyno'ing the truck 1 more time. After that you can have it. I will feel very confidant that I have tried the product to it's fullest. my truck is in top working order, the full fuel system was recently cleaned or replaced (fuel sock, fuel filter, injectors, FPR) I will have them log and plot AFR on the next pull. Fingers crossed that there was just more than 40 min needed for the computer to maybe reset LTFT? If you have some dyno data I would love to see the expected results.

I too have been waiting for verified results. If this does indeed pan out I just may have to finally pull the trigger.

I don't know about any dyno #, mpg increase or horsepower gains from new housing BUT I did notice right away that the truck pulls much better from a stop and has much better throttle response. My 2 cents.

I think however anyone looking for major horsepower gains with this will be dissapointed.

Yep. The reduced intake restriction is not gonna be a huge benefit across the power band on most trucks, but improved throttle response is likely. On NA trucks with headers where scavenging is present there may be more potential for gains. For FI I think the main advantage is throttle response and for turbos maybe finding boost a tad quicker. I might get a chance to test that as well, although the new higher stall speed may negate the improvement.

Last edited:
I don't know about any dyno #, mpg increase or horsepower gains from new housing BUT I did notice right away that the truck pulls much better from a stop and has much better throttle response. My 2 cents.

I think however anyone looking for major horsepower gains with this will be dissapointed.

Not looking for huge gains, just some worthy of the money.

Subscribed, very interested in this mod. Curious to hear the results of the second MAF installed dyno test. With all the positive comments in the past, maybe something is amiss with Scottryana's set up.

Also, why did the dyno shop recommend immediate removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom