Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

does it need an o2 sensor?
I would jump out of my skin to get 19. The wife's hybrid Accord has been getting worse and worse mileage. It just hit 100K and is averaging under 30. That ****ing sucks for that car. We actually got as high as 40 years ago on a trip to Virginia and usually averaged about 34. It is usually hovering around 28 now. There is no indication of anything being wrong.

does it need an o2 sensor?
Sounds like it huh? I don't know. They just had it on a computer and had to load several software updates - weird. No apparent codes being thrown. :meh:

We will be selling it soon enuff in preparation of the move.

Hey Hundy dudes, ever seen this? Do you think weld-able? Best price I can find new is $300.

image-1020514868.jpg

image-3400262747.jpg

My buddy Matt found this '00 with 240k on the clock. $1500 bucks and it runs! All sorts of CEL's & exhaust man leaks. Tore into it today to replace gaskets and found the crack. Worth welding?

image-3737048102.jpg

My buddy Matt found this '00 with 240k on the clock. $1500 bucks and it runs! All sorts of CEL's & exhaust man leaks. Tore into it today to replace gaskets and found the crack. Worth welding?

Does not look weldable, maybe temp only, but that looks like a casting.
I say jb weld. And order one from car-part. Nice deal.

Exhaust manifold welds never work well in my experience. It's cast like Andrew said, and takes a special type of weld to do properly. If anyone makes aftermarket ones, I'd go that route. Usually cheaper than OEM and better performance. JB weld probly won't hold up long in that situation either I'd bet. Too much constant expansion and contraction - but you can still try it and see.

No it's not cast, actually all welded tube & flange collars believe it or not, oem. I think it would work just not sure how long it will last.

Sean,
You are right about that part not being cast. If you can get a replacement for $300 (like you posted earlier), I think you are better off. The environment here combines high temperatures, acoustic fatigue and cyclical mechanical vibration/loading so the base part is probably at its life limit and why that flange appears to have failed in fatigue. In summary, why invest repairing a part that probably has no service life left (repair this crack and another will probably show up somewhere else on the part quicker than you would like).

Just my thoughts from the side line.

Staci got a promotion in Dallas. So we are heading that way in March. I will be around to heckle to then.
Wow! Congrats. Not quite as far as my move but a PITA never the less.

I still do not have hard orders. A reporting date would be nice.

Gots me some new shoes on the whip! (Or whatever the kids are saying these days. I don't know. I'm obviously out of touch.) One of the guys at work just bought a new XSP-X Tundra and put a lift, wheels/tires, etc so I worked out a deal on his XSP-X wheels. They aren't my favorite because they have kind of a weird offset but I think they look really good on the black! Price was right too.

picture.php

Gots me some new shoes on the whip! (Or whatever the kids are saying these days. I don't know. I'm obviously out of touch.) One of the guys at work just bought a new XSP-X Tundra and put a lift, wheels/tires, etc so I worked out a deal on his XSP-X wheels. They aren't my favorite because they have kind of a weird offset but I think they look really good on the black! Price was right too.
I like em, but something's awry... I'm not positive, but I'm kinda thinking that I don't like the low-pro tires on there. Not that much else would fit on that truck as it sits, but it seems to make the truck look like a low-rider or something. Nice score none-the-less!

BTW Sam, a thread you may like. I hope it doesn't give you too many crazy ideas.
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?74677-Steve-s-81-Toyota-quot-angelo-quot-build

Last edited:
Staci got a promotion in Dallas. So we are heading that way in March. I will be around to heckle to then.

Congratulations for the promotion. Sucks you gotta move to Dallas but hey we can always see you at Katemcey or the round up.
:beer:

I like em, but something's awry... I'm not positive, but I'm kinda thinking that I don't like the low-pro tires on there. Not that much else would fit on that truck as it sits, but it seems to make the truck look like a low-rider or something. Nice score none-the-less!

BTW Sam, a thread you may like. I hope it doesn't give you too many crazy ideas.
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?74677-Steve-s-81-Toyota-quot-angelo-quot-build

I'll check the thread out. Mine is getting a little more extreme already. 22RE, 5 speed, dual cases, taco springs, etc. Far from stock!

You're right about the tires on the Tundra. It's kind of a strange size 285/55/20. I think they were trying to keep the over all size close to the same. It's a row rig/DD anyway. I don't need a lot of tire. :D

Sent from another Galaxy

If this isn't motivation to get a build started, I don't know what is! :bounce:

IMG_20130115_144251.jpg

ludicrous speed!!!!
Yup... My tires are gonna turn so fast that there's gonna be that optical illusion where it looks like they're not moving at all!!! :eek:

Or going make it appear to be turning backwards till you are 12 years old again ---- Oh wait we are 12 years old!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom