Endless Air - 1HD-T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been doing some light internet searching as I would like to eventually add some type of engine driven air compressor to my truck. I came across Endless Air in my search and they have a 1HD-T 80-Series kit listed on their site, but there are no pictures or details and a Google search doesn't turn up any more information.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit?

Cheers,
Doug

I should also mention that my ideal compressor is a York 210...I have one in my garage. So if anyone knows of a way to mount that up (while retaining A/C), that's the way I would prefer to go.

It's a modified sanden 508. There's a million threads on how to make your own. But the kits easier.

$1000 AU is a lot of coin for OBA! Plus shipping to NA! That's a spicy taco!

Can't see it happening with AC. Or any Intercooler piping....

Can't see it happening with AC. Or any Intercooler piping....

I know there are kits that retain A/C.

27746.jpg

All the endless air kits retain the ac. Otherwise you would just use your current ac as the pump?!? Intercooler piping is a different story. WTA it will still fit. Front mount - no. :). Ill post links when I get the chance. It's pretty easy to do. Block off the hole in the compressor plate so oil remains on 1 side. Also plug the return oil line and change the fittings to take an airline (from memory).

I like the looks of this one...I think this is a pic of the Endless Air setup.

1hzcompressor_zpsd1d58203.jpg

Kinda pricey when you can have a Puma 12v, 135 psi, 100 duty cycle for $250 USD. John

I don't know if you've ever used an engine driven compressor, but there's no comparison. It's all about CFM, not PSI.

My 12v electric compressor does 4 tyres in 12 mins coming off the beach. I know the endless air would do it quicker,but just how much time do you want to save?
I could never see the point of having any compressor in the engine bay,its just one more thing you have to work around.

If I wanted to speed things up,I would look at those compressed air tanks than can do 20 tyres.

My 12v electric compressor does 4 tyres in 12 mins coming off the beach. I know the endless air would do it quicker,but just how much time do you want to save?
I could never see the point of having any compressor in the engine bay,its just one more thing you have to work around.

If I wanted to speed things up,I would look at those compressed air tanks than can do 20 tyres.

The point of this thread is not to debate electric vs engine-driven, so please don't bother.

The point of this thread is not to debate electric vs engine-driven, so please don't bother.

Just curious as to what the big rush is to inflate a tyre? I could see a point with the endless air when electric compressors were rare or expensive.
A bit like the PTO driven winches which have faded away in favour of electric winches.

Just curious as to what the big rush is to inflate a tyre? I could see a point with the endless air when electric compressors were rare or expensive.
A bit like the PTO driven winches which have faded away in favour of electric winches.

I'm planning to use this to run air tools on the trail and I also plan to convert my 80 to full air suspension front and rear someday.

I'm not completely convinced that an engine driven setup is what I need. It's just research at this point, but I do like the mechanical nature and inherent reliability an engine driven system offers.

I don't know if you've ever used an engine driven compressor, but there's no comparison. It's all about CFM, not PSI.
I have a big York on my 350 chevy in my Piggy. Very familiar with the performance. My Puma in the 80 series will fill up a 315 tire from 15 to 35 psi in about 2 minutes, 15 seconds. I don't really think that is very slow. About a dozen of us in the local CSC club are running them, and nobody has had a problem with them yet, after several years of use. Some of us make 30-40 days of wheeling per year, so that is a lot of tires to pump up. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom