Fabricate "high roof"? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are EU companies that modify cruiser roofs to fit camper tops...I recall seeing trucks built in Germany and The Netherlands, but no specifics come to mind right now. Check out the 70 series section and I think you'll soon find some examples.

In the Netherlands some models had high roofs to fit in the lower tax rules as a van with minimum space required.

https://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&...pw.r_qf.&fp=993a70247111cc3c&biw=1056&bih=646

RAV4 High Roof Blind Van 130 mm extra roof:
get_archive_image.php

landcruiser camper:
toyota-landcruiser-camper-140808_1.jpg

medium.jpg

Last edited:
I have thought about making a hi top fiberglass mold. Also using an old VW westfalia top would kick some ass.

Dyno

I have thought about making a hi top fiberglass mold. Also using an old VW westfalia top would kick some ass.

Dyno

Like this one I am thinking of fabbing onto the top of my cargo trailer?

pop1.JPG

I saw a Westfalia on a 60 in boulder. Think I posted apic of it somewhere.

Thats one thing I regret not doing to my 60 before selling it. Trying to westify it.

woytovich said:
Like this one I am thinking of fabbing onto the top of my cargo trailer?

Ohhhh, that's a great idea! Flip the axle and you're set!

Mark,

I replied to your first email: "Got em, thanks!"
And to the second: "I can work with those issues, you described them accurately"

Both replies were sent within minutes of being received.

If you mean by "commenting on the pictures"you mean that you did not receive my acceptance to your offer, it is only because I am working on the logistics. I will not consummate a transaction with you until I know I can recover the vehicle.... or whats left of it! I consider myself to be a good communicator, and look for places where I miss things, so if you feel I dropped the ball let me know.

BTW, you must have understanding neighbors, that thing looks like a Thanksgiving dinner turkey carcass!

Cheers,

Rick

No worries... I didn't, by the way, get that second email.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you via phone or email with your plans... in the mean time I'll try to hold back from taking a sawzall to the roof to drop that VW camper top on top!

Mark

Mark,

I replied to your first email: "Got em, thanks!"
And to the second: "I can work with those issues, you described them accurately"

Both replies were sent within minutes of being received.

If you mean by "commenting on the pictures"you mean that you did not receive my acceptance to your offer, it is only because I am working on the logistics. I will not consummate a transaction with you until I know I can recover the vehicle.... or whats left of it! I consider myself to be a good communicator, and look for places where I miss things, so if you feel I dropped the ball let me know.

BTW, you must have understanding neighbors, that thing looks like a Thanksgiving dinner turkey carcass!

Cheers,

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom