Builds Fj down under (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

matt.mcinnes

2F-ETI
Threads
Hi All,

Been a couple of years since I sold my 40, I need a break from the addiction.

Today I ordered my FJ Cruiser, just awaiting a deliver date.

For the moment all stock, IT WILL STAY STOCK :steer:

Pics Soon.

Regards Matt

OH I almost forgot, what are the best suspension mods?

Last edited:
Hi All,

Been a couple of years since I sold my 40, I need a break from the addiction.

Today I ordered my FJ Cruiser, just awaiting a deliver date.

For the moment all stock, IT WILL STAY STOCK :steer:

Pics Soon.

Regards Matt

OH I almost forgot, what are the best suspension mods?

How can it stay stock with suspension mods?

No regrets going with OME but should have gone straight to ICON out of the gate for the front at least...

My cruiser never stays stock ;)

Tks for the info i will look into it.

This should do nicely Icon Stage 6

Looks like we have a retailer in Perth too. :bounce:

Last edited:
That is some serious cheddar for suspension! :eek: Although I have heard they're some of the best.

-Daniel

Serious Cheddar has never slowed me down, I make Cheese for a living :D

Been a while but finally a pic, still stock too.

Winch and Bull Bar 1st but what to get hmmmm

Our first shipment of custom ICON gear is heading over at the moment, for FJ, 80, 100, 200 series.

We had to change valving and spring rates, and running CDC adjusters as well.

We also, for the Aus market fit boots, stone shields etc, to protect the shafts.

I have the twin front set up coming for mine, with bypass adjustable fronts, and rears, bolt on, in long travel, billet arms, for adjustment, control arms, for offset at droop with the long shocks, hyd bump stops, etc.

We got longer extended for same comp length over the Kings, which we had been doing, until we went Icon.

I do have 2 cheap King kits sitting on the shelf I hoped to clear for EOFY, adj, and non adj.

They don't compete with the Icons, to be honest, we have to change the bearings with those, as they use chinese stuff that doesn't last, as well as the coil rates, valving, lengths, and the King adjusters cause a spike in the compression, because of the way they work, when adjusted firmer.

We should be able to gain more travel with the ICon, than the King in this pic.

fjcflexedramp_zpsf563355c.jpg

What prices are we looking at on the kits, both King and Icon.

Bull bar and winch first though, I like to be able to get out of trouble before getting in to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnT3UwxervA

Regards Matt

PS ohhhhh your only in Geelong too, Tarneit here :cool:

Last edited:
depends on the level, and the Aus dollar the rest of the year.

darren@auto-craft.com.au happy to cover any details, valving, options, accessories etc if you need them.

depends on the level, and the Aus dollar the rest of the year.

darren@auto-craft.com.au happy to cover any details, valving, options, accessories etc if you need them.

I will pop down for a chat soon, I'd like to go to 34" Jungle Trekker with good articulation that way I don't need to engineer it. I think your only allowed 2" over stock for tyre size still and FJ are almost a 32" Also I don't want to be chopping the guards. 35's for comp :D

The other Q is wether a you can fit 16" rims to suit Simex's as I don't believe they come in 17's :D

Lots of bits to sort out, bull bar winch, site steps, belly plates, rear bar. 6 point CCDA spec Cage :censor:

Twin Turbos one for each V :smoking:

Oh and one rule to all my Toys, it must fit in the garage :doh:

I have 16" method wheels that fit the FJ.

There are 2 steel wheels that fit it as well.

The arabs do a great twin turbo kit makes about 550 hp.

I have 16" method wheels that fit the FJ.

There are 2 steel wheels that fit it as well.

The arabs do a great twin turbo kit makes about 550 hp.

Good news on wheels, as for the Arabs turbo kit, hmmmm pretty sure I can do better there ;)

I can confirm that raceline renegade 16x8" rims fit. I got mine from summit racing, 5 rims delivered for about $1100 back when the exchange rate was in our favour. Hankook also makes a 34" tire if you want a less aggressive pattern.

I can almost feel my pockets getting lighter. Icon Stage 6 viewing Thursday evening.

Front and rear bars ordered.

Expedition One

Luckily they are also available through AutoCarft :cool:

Winch next :D

Then Rims and tires, rock sliders and a few minor bits.

Last but not least Stage 6 Icon.

Big thanks to D'Animal for ordering in a Warn Zeon 8000 and shipping it on for me as they are not available here in Australia to suit my Expedition One Front Bar from AutoCraft Aus another USA import.

Feeling like the boots on the other foot for a change when it come to Cruiser parts :mad: You have all the good stuff when it comes to the FJ Cruisers.

Ah well free trade :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom