Falken Wild Peak A/T - 34" • 315/75R16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tdubclub.com
Here is a tire to think about for those who are on the fence between 33" & 35" tires!

Check out the Falken Wild Peak in a 34"!
7907704698_78f1705aec_z.jpg

Mounted up some big meatys on steelies!

I wanted the steel wheel look and needed them for the 16" to clear the disk brakes that came on the FF rear axle that I upgraded to. I really liked my Falken High Country tires so when I went back for 16"ers, I discovered Falken had discontined the tire as it was an older tire than the Wild Peak. So I started looking at Wild Peak fitment and settled on 315/75R16.

7907457850_879609f370_z.jpg

Thread Width: 9.5"
Outside Diameter: 34.4"
7907456216_5b9d1337e1_z.jpg

7907656562_3fc59b7c1e_z.jpg

It's not too wide and not too tall as I drive it daily. I would have like to have seen it in a 9" wide for a more skinny tire look, but overall I am very pleased with this tire size.

As a daily driver, its not knobby slapping loud and its on the freeway everyday here in Southern California! I like to call the Falken Wild Peak a great "dual sport" tire and it has been KOH proven as well, so its good enough for me!

I think it made for a good overall fitment!

Build thread page: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/233037-gcrad1s-1992-adv-fj80-land-cruiser-12.html

Falken Wild Peak Page: http://www.falkentire.com/Tires/Light-Truck-SUV/WildPeak-A-T-17

I came across this post the other night when searching for some long term info on these tires.

I've previously owned a set of Falken High Country AT's and I loved them...for a while. They share a very bad trait with the newer Wild Peak. Falken doesn't groove the tires all the way down on the center rip or outer edges. That means when the tire is at about 50%, the center and outer edges will be slick! While they have a 50k mile warranty, who wants to go through the hassel of that?

any update on this thread? anyone compare to Nitto Dune Grappler?

I was out with some friends this weekend and one of them had the Wild Peak's on his truck. There was quite a bit of tread left, but they were slick! Again, they aren't grooved all the way down, so he just has 3 ribs.

You have to becareful those as SIPING could be constituted as modifying the tire and thus cancel any warranty it may have. Definitely talk with your local tire shop about it first, but when these do have siping I have heard great things about them (same with Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10)

Here is a tire to think about for those who are on the fence between 33" & 35" tires!

Check out the Falken Wild Peak in a 34"!
7907704698_78f1705aec_z.jpg

Mounted up some big meatys on steelies!

I wanted the steel wheel look and needed them for the 16" to clear the disk brakes that came on the FF rear axle that I upgraded to. I really liked my Falken High Country tires so when I went back for 16"ers, I discovered Falken had discontined the tire as it was an older tire than the Wild Peak. So I started looking at Wild Peak fitment and settled on 315/75R16.

7907457850_879609f370_z.jpg

Thread Width: 9.5"
Outside Diameter: 34.4"
7907456216_5b9d1337e1_z.jpg

7907656562_3fc59b7c1e_z.jpg

It's not too wide and not too tall as I drive it daily. I would have like to have seen it in a 9" wide for a more skinny tire look, but overall I am very pleased with this tire size.

As a daily driver, its not knobby slapping loud and its on the freeway everyday here in Southern California! I like to call the Falken Wild Peak a great "dual sport" tire and it has been KOH proven as well, so its good enough for me!

I think it made for a good overall fitment!

Build thread page: Builds - GCRad1's 1992 ADV-FJ80 LAND CRUISER

Falken Wild Peak Page: http://www.falkentire.com/Tires/Light-Truck-SUV/WildPeak-A-T-17
How’ did you like these? Long term review? Any shots from he front to see width while on vehicle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom