2016 URJ200 SERIES LAND CRUISER/LX570 UPDATE-REFRESH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Latest rumors suggest Toyota will be coming out with a new cruiser for the '15 model year. I think a face lift could be possible then, but not a redesign. Anyone care to clarify ?

I hear it will have a bigger engine, be a little quicker, and much better fuel mileage.

Kidding..... I know nothing.

I have a hard time believing they would have a redesign that early after the changes to the 2013. The 2013 changes seem to be similar to what they did in 2003 for the 100 series. I bet it is 2018.

I totally agree with you flyfish4life, i think we are more likely to see a face lift around '15 than a full redesign.

I also feel it's a bit early for a complete redesign. Probably another mild facelift in a couple years followed by a complete redesign.

That said, the only reason I could see Toyota doing an earlier redesign would be to downscale the LC and dump the Sequoia from the lineup. I though I read a year or so ago that the Sequoia was rumored to be canceled. If so, that leaves a large gap between the ~$35k 4Runner and the ~$78k LC. I could see them moving the LC downscale into current Sequoia territory while keeping the LX570 very upscale. Obviously that's just wild speculation on my part (and strictly speaking about the NA market of course).

That would be interesting ! I wonder if the 5.7 gets updated if the tundra does get a redesign .

I wouldn't mind if the 300 brought back more traditional look, larger wheel wells and poverty models for the USA. The LC needs to be brought back to its roots!

okinawa80 said:
I wouldn't mind if the 300 brought back more traditional look, larger wheel wells and poverty models for the USA. The LC needs to be brought back to its roots!

The 200 already has that, just not in the USA and other places :(

That would be interesting ! I wonder if the 5.7 gets updated if the tundra does get a redesign .

Only thing that will get me to change my 200 is Toyota bringing the 4.5TTD or developing a more efficient Turbo V6 gas engine to the States. 25mpg-30mpg (US gals) would be great. I knew the mileage going in with the 5.7, but it'll be interesting to see how long Toyota stick with it given how superior rival manufacturers MPG becoming.

I wonder if they will go with an all aluminium monocoque frame like the all new range rover .

Maybe a hybrid and an 8 speed transmission for better fuel economy ?

I wonder if they will go with an all aluminium monocoque frame like the all new range rover .

Maybe a hybrid and an 8 speed transmission for better fuel economy ?

I would be worried about the complexity of a hybrid, though Toyota have a lot of practice so it may work. That said, Chevy's version only helps around town and hwy mileage remains the same. Not sure how it is for more sophisticated machines like the Cayenne.

The 8-speed would be good for the highway, and more use of aluminum would be desirable too.

On the other hand, a monocoque chassis would be fine for the wheeling i do, but for the UN and mining industries (and some individual users) it would make repairs costly and/or impossible compared to the body on frame design.

Just my thoughts.

When asked about future plans for the LC Sadayoshi Koyari, the chief designer of the 200 series stated that they are thinking of adding a new transmission ( 7 or 8 speed ) as well as introducing a hybrid model and possibly and the possibility of a monocoque body .

Source

2012 Toyota Land Cruiser | First Drive

With rumors of Toyota killing of the 70 series range in a few years, could Toyota pull of the same stunt as Nissan, manufacturer the previous generation along side the new model ?

With Toyota it could be, the new 300 series ? with its fancy gizmos and new chassis and suspension and the 200 series still being sold but only in basic UN trim.
It would easily stay in production for a long time considering it is still relatively modern yet still traditional in some aspects ( Eg . solid rear axle and body on frame construction )
Of course that's just speculation as i really doubt Toyota will kill the 70 series range as it is a huge seller around the world . It is possible though with all the safety regulations we have these days, Toyota could be forced to discontinue it.

"...Another major improvement is that wheel articulation, also known as suspension travel that has gone up by 105mm and there is a new turn assist feature that allows the vehicle to pivot on the inside rear-wheel reducing the turning radius..."

I wasn't aware of any changes to suspension travel with the 2012/13 200 series. Is that real? If so, what is different?

as much as i would love to see them, the poverty model will not come to the US until the 50 year standing 25% terrif on foreign made light trucks is dropped or the Land cruiser is made in the US.

to overcome the tax Toyota has to lux it out to bump the price to cover the terrif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

4.5 TTD gets my dollars. would be cool to see the pverty pack come back as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom