200 riddled with bullets (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mexico police fire on US embassy staff south of the boarder. The shooting took place in the state of Morelos, which has recently suffered a surge in murders amid a turf war between drug cartels. One of the men was said to have been hit in the leg and the other in the stomach and hand. Both were admitted to hospital. -BBC

Possibly one of the Streit Armoring / Wamar Technologies / ATS built Land Cruisers with B-6 Armament for the US.
Mexico_embassy_201.jpg
Mexico_embassy_200_4.jpg
Mexico_embassy_200_3.jpg

Just your average day in Mexico

The USA has it's share of violant problems too. I have been living here in PV Mexico with no issues for two years.

No one has been shot watching a move at the local move theater here in MX like in the fine USA.:cheers:

The USA has it's share of violant problems too. I have been living here in PV Mexico with no issues for two years.

No one has been shot watching a move at the local move theater here in MX like in the fine USA.:cheers:

ouch,..(good point)

Hmmmm.... Trying to remember the last massive beheading we had in the USA? Pretty sure more people have been murdered in Mexico drug violence recently than the single wacko at the movies.

Single wackos = bad

Organized numerous murdering wackos = very bad

Plenty of people live in the USA in places like Puerto Vallarta, without any problems either. Pretty small minded comments without a true global perspective. http://articles.cnn.com/2012-02-26/...val-cruise-lines-cruise-officials?_s=PM:WORLD

There are crappy people everywhere. No one country has a monopoly on idiots.

Last edited:
Mexico police fire on US embassy staff south of the boarder. The shooting took place in the state of Morelos, which has recently suffered a surge in murders amid a turf war between drug cartels. One of the men was said to have been hit in the leg and the other in the stomach and hand. Both were admitted to hospital. -BBC

Possibly one of the Streit Armoring / Wamar Technologies / ATS built Land Cruisers with B-6 Armament for the US.

NY Times - had a picture showing the front doors - you can see it took a number of shots to the front cabin
mexico-articleLarge.jpg

Xkennx,

Probably hard to say, but how do you think it faired? Looks like they drove on a rear flat for while and took it all the way to the rim.

Run flats are supposed to last 50 miles from a small caliber hit I hear. It must have been AK's which moves it into high caliber rounds. Either way it apparently tore up the hard inner plastic insets in the run flats. That means it was a serious attack and they hit the soft points (tires). So they knew what they were doing if they blew out the tires and really didn't hit the passenger areas too hard. They had to know the passenger areas were armored.

Not to many brand new 200s roll around Mexico that aren't armored.

Hmmmm.... Trying to remember the last massive beheading we had in the USA? Pretty sure more people have been murdered in Mexico drug violence recently than the single wacko at the movies.

Single wackos = bad

Organized numerous murdering wackos = very bad

Plenty of people live in the USA in places like Puerto Vallarta, without any problems either. Pretty small minded comments without a true global perspective. http://articles.cnn.com/2012-02-26/w...ls?_s=PM:WORLD

There are crappy people everywhere. No one country has a monopoly on idiots.

No shootings at any of the public schools here in MX like many schools in the US, but its a small minded comment with out your world perspectives.

It looks as though most that are killed are in the drug trade or one that puts themselves in the wrong area to score some drugs and get jacked.

I believe Iraq has done the most beheadings in the world, but its a small minded comment with out your world perspectives too.

Don't go by what you see on the USA home-land web site, its BS.

No place is safe in this world.

Oh, give it a year....this Land Cruiser will be rebuilt and be back on the road in no time.

Xkennx,

Probably hard to say, but how do you think it faired? Looks like they drove on a rear flat for while and took it all the way to the rim.

From someone that has been in armored car while being shot at, the fact that everyone inside the car survived means it did 100% the job it was meant to do.

I have to explain to people that armored cars are not bullet proof, an armored car is merely designed to give you time. That is time to get away or time to call for reinforcements.

An armored car like that should be between $100-$115k depending on trim and other options. But 3 human lives were saved by someone realizing the need for an armored car. Same thing happened a few months back but to an unarmored suburban where the US government employee and her family members where killed.

There are clear signs that the TLC has runflat devices installed. From personal experience you can never say what type of distance you will get out of a runflat or what speed you can get up to - there are way way way to many factors. A lot of the damage you see in the rear passenger side rear fender could have happened when the tire came apart at speed, and at some point the CRF would have broke free and then you have a 15lb of plastic flying though the air hitting the body.

Didn't a company in the US have high speed heavy duty light weight foam that could be installed with or with out run-flats for extra driving distance? A tire could servive many rounds intact.
I remember seeing an add some place for this.

No shootings at any of the public schools here in MX like many schools in the US, but its a small minded comment with out your world perspectives.

It looks as though most that are killed are in the drug trade or one that puts themselves in the wrong area to score some drugs and get jacked.

I believe Iraq has done the most beheadings in the world, but its a small minded comment with out your world perspectives too.

Don't go by what you see on the USA home-land web site, its BS.

No place is safe in this world.

At least we agree no place is totally safe.

Never even been on the homeland security web page. Don't believe everything the MX government says either. As an emergency care worker, there is always more going on than what reaches the news. Made it to the Mayan Riviera earlier this year, no events, but plenty of soldiers with M-16's patroling and road blocks set up. Can't say i ever left the resort except to get back to the airport, though. Great water and weather!

No small minded perspectives from me. I never said the USA was safe. Trying to compare a lone wacko gunman at a movie theater with organized drug crime that has killed 50,000 people in the last few years is preposterous. There is a flat out war going on and in many places the police have packed it in. I hope it gets better. We could always blame all the demand from drug users north of the border.

I consider 49 beheadings found at one time a lot. Not too worried about who is number 1, as long as this one borders me to the south and has easy access to my states border. I think if your even in the running for top beheaders, then something is wrong.

Yep, we got another school shooting today. Found a few in MX in the last 2 years. Mostly attacks on parents and kidnapping stuff. Most likely drug related, extortion, and ransom.

:cheers:

In a tech related question: What are the top global markets for private armoured vehicles? Is it always related to danger or do some places get crazy with status symbols?

TroutRunner said:
In a tech related question: What are the top global markets for private armoured vehicles? Is it always related to danger or do some places get crazy with status symbols?

I went on vacation in south Africa a couple years ago and where we were, there were a ton of armored vehicles. And they weren't just expensive SUVs either like the g class we rented, there were small Toyota and Honda sedans. I thought that was pretty cool.

I went on vacation in south Africa a couple years ago and where we were, there were a ton of armored vehicles. And they weren't just expensive SUVs either like the g class we rented, there were small Toyota and Honda sedans. I thought that was pretty cool.

Brazil has an armored vehicle habit, too. Similar dynamic with income inequality, favelas, etc.

It's interesting that this incident has not made headlines in the news here in the States.

I have to make it down to Mexico once in a while and drive and armored SUV. You have to always keep your ayes wide open.

Our SRO got some info on what happened and the guys that survived the attack had 3 good things in their favor. 1. Training 2. Good armor (B7 to be exact which is about the standard for Diplomatic vehicles.) 3. darn good vehicle (Toyota).

The report they showed me, states there where two US advisers and a Mexican Marines Captain inside the LC, they where on their way to visit a military training facility. The report says that their path was blocked by a smaller unmarked SUV that ordered them to stop (first clue there was something wrong). The LC driver remembered his SAFE training, did a fast J turn and tried to get out of there as soon as he could. Another car tried to block their escape route and the LC hit that car with its front right corner (hence the damage). It says that some other pick up trucks showed up with heavily armed men and started to pursue the LC. The driver then in an effort to escape jumped a thick concrete water channel and went off road into a wheat field in an effort to reach the Interstate highway. They managed to arrive to the highway and headed for a gas station thinking that more people would make their attackers go away but it didn't so they drove on the interstate for a couple of kilometers before the LC finally gave up on them due to extensive mechanical damage (several shots on the radiator and engine bay) that is when it really got bad for them because the attackers started shooting at them at close range. While all of this was going on the Marine seating in the back seat was calling for help to the Marines base. And at the last moment the marines arrived together with federal police officers.
The Mexican army rescued the persons from inside of the LC and took them to get medical attention in order to get them out of the country.

They where extremely lucky and well trained, a year ago or more two ICE officers where attacked by drug gangs in Northern Mexico and one of them was killed because they did not took advantage of their heavily armored Suburban.

In my opinion their LC was to flashy. In Mexico a LC 200 is worth well over 100k brand new without armor.
I think to avoid any risks like this one a low profile is best.

Saw an article on TV that stated 12 "Mexican Police" were arrested in this case and being held in jail. No other reasons as to what occurred was given.

Saw an article on TV that stated 12 "Mexican Police" were arrested in this case and being held in jail. No other reasons as to what occurred was given.

Yes its a big mess. Apparently the attackers where undercover Police. But generally they are police under drug cartels pay roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom