Bulldog Canyon Night Run 8.11.2012 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.engineeredstuff.com
Anyone want to meet up for a Night Run:

Run Info:
Trail Name:
Bulldog Canyon
Time: 6:45 pm at SR87 and Ft. McDowell (Baja Gas Station??)
Day: Saturday August 11, 2012

Permit is required for each vehicle (it's free).

I plan to enter the area via Bush Highway, trail #10. The gate is referred to as "blue point" on my permit.

I'm down. Not sure where the gas station is though...

What is the estimated end time for said route? Come on Phil, you can follow my taillights

What is the estimated end time for said route? Come on Phil, you can follow my taillights

I don't have an estimated run time. This is my first time on this trail, Charles Wells clocked the trail @ 8 miles. Says to allow 2-3 hours for round trip. I believe his description is out of date...the trail has been graded and many side roads are closed to motorized traffic. We have to stick to trails marked on the map provided with the permit

Would a stock rig be kosher on this trail? As long as I can get home for my beauty sleep, I think I'm in!

You mean you DON'T go to be at 11:30 everynight?

The last time I ran it: https://forum.ih8mud.com/az-copper-state-cruisers/576866-bulldog-3-26-2012-a.html

Would like to go, but isn't likely, will be working on a root beer colored '40.

There have been a couple of storms, but not huge ones, so likely hasn't improved much? It was fully graded, like sedan doable graded. The big drop into the wash (where the heep is pictured above) is a smooth ramp. The big attraction of the trail is the scenery, likely lost at night?:hillbilly:

There are several routes and entrances/exits, so can easily make it longer/shorter, some can bail early. We entered at Usery/FR3554, took FR10 to Wolverine, IIRC, only took a couple of hours and we stopped a bunch to look at "stuff". Hadn't had enough, so took FR1356 over and ran Packsaddle, then continued to the Cottonwood exit on SR88/Apache Trail.

...many side roads are closed to motorized traffic. We have to stick to trails marked on the map provided with the permit

The side roads were never "open" to motorized traffic, now are better marked open (trail #) or closed. This area is under extreme pressure, we are lucky to even be able to drive it. So be sure to stay on the open trails, to the best of your ability, even more so than other areas.

The last time I ran it: https://forum.ih8mud.com/az-copper-state-cruisers/576866-bulldog-3-26-2012-a.html

Would like to go, but isn't likely, will be working on a root beer colored '40.

There have been a couple of storms, but not huge ones, so likely hasn't improved much? It was fully graded, like sedan doable graded. The big drop into the wash (where the heep is pictured above) is a smooth ramp. The big attraction of the trail is the scenery, likely lost at night?:hillbilly:

There are several routes and entrances/exits, so can easily make it longer/shorter, some can bail early. We entered at Usery/FR3554, took FR10 to Wolverine, IIRC, only took a couple of hours and we stopped a bunch to look at "stuff". Hadn't had enough, so took FR1356 over and ran Packsaddle, then continued to the Cottonwood exit on SR88/Apache Trail.

So is there any kind of obstacles/optional routes we can take? I don't expect much, they did this same kind of thing with Butcher Jones.

So is there any kind of obstacles/optional routes we can take? I don't expect much, they did this same kind of thing with Butcher Jones.

IIRC, there were a couple of minor climbs, maybe? Mostly the same type of thing as the Rolls (Butcher Jones), except IMHO Bulldog is much more important, don't care much about the Rolls.:meh:

...The big attraction of the trail is the scenery, likely lost at night?:hillbilly:..
Tonight is supposed to be a good night for the meteor shower viewing (Perseids).
:meh:

Bummed I can't go.

Last edited:
I expect to see some good wheelin night shots of this run. Im still stuck in Pensacola FL on vacation. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom