Aussie Locker XD-21230 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Samurai that is about finished being built for offroad use. The thing is I will drive it on the street, or tow it to wheeling locations. I am driving on Mexican roads...sometimes up to an hour before arriving to wheeling destinations.

The Samurai is retrofitted with Toyota axles, and a 6.5 gear reduction in the samurai transfer case. It is a beast.

So the question is can I run Aussie lockers both front and back? With a Aussie locker up front are things still going to be reasonably safe?

image-3638585229.jpg

Sent from my phon
image-3638585229.jpg

As long as you unlock your hubs while you are on the pavement you will see absolutely no difference in the road manners of your vehicle. Good luck!

As long as you unlock your hubs while you are on the pavement you will see absolutely no difference in the road manners of your vehicle. Good luck!

Thanks. Glad there is an economical solution. :)

Except for the aussie locker in the rear locking and unlocking on the street which sucks.

That being said, all you ahve to do is alter your driving style and you will be fine. It just takes a bit of getting used to..

^^^What he said. A short wheel base and a manual trans with a rear auto locker will get your attention in a hurry. It most definitely will require a change in driving (avoid powering through corners, for one) and be aware when getting on/off the throttle sharply on any high-traction surfaces. Of course, it also helps to see that the tire pressures on the same axle are within a pound or so of each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom