Radio din hole ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Put my radio in the smittybilt now I have a hole where the original was. I don't want a CB and I really don't need any switches. I could just block it off but that just seems wasteful. What have some of you done or suggest?

Sounds like the perfect chance to install an in-dash Magarita Machine!

Or maybe a cup holder for those beers : ebay link

I'm not sure how well those cup holders would work or fit, but seems logical to me.

Aftermarket oil pressure and engine temp gauges.

Aftermarket oil pressure and engine temp gauges.

Agreed, also might want to add a holder for you Nav/GPS/iPhone in there as well. Post up some picks of the Smitty with the stereo in. I have been wondering about this myself.

Put a pull out single din cup holder in and mount it using a single din stereo mount kit. The kit will come with a cubby pocket so gives you storage and more cup holders. Should look like a clean install too.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Sounds like the perfect chance to install an in-dash Magarita Machine!

Or maybe a cup holder for those beers : ebay link

I'm not sure how well those cup holders would work or fit, but seems logical to me.

In my experience, those pull-out cup holders are crap. They can't hold anything heavier than an empty styrofoam cup. With no lid.

Agreed, also might want to add a holder for you Nav/GPS/iPhone in there as well. Post up some picks of the Smitty with the stereo in. I have been wondering about this myself.

I'll post some is of the smittybilt when she gets back from the shop (water pump pulley flew off while my son was driving and we're putting another one on).
It's nothing fancy, just ran the wires down and under the carpet, put a sleeve around the radio and dropped her in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom